FIFA World Cup anyone?

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Since you're so informed about fat people: How's Asamoah doing?

Ok, point taken. I was just getting carried away putting down Ronaldo. I will be honest. I was pissed off that he was going to (and then did) equal Gerd Müller's record. Is he really fat? Many people think so. Others do not. I actually do not find him all that fat. But, putting down Brazilian soccer players is stupid, anyway. Fat, chubby or thin, they still win.

Asamoah is a big dude.

In a major surprise (at least for me) France has qualified defeating Togo 2-0.

Last edited:
We will win that WorldCup .... its just a question of time :)

69.jpg

Ollie Garchy said:
Ok, point taken. I was just getting carried away putting down Ronaldo. I will be honest. I was pissed off that he was going to (and then did) equal Gerd Müller's record. Is he really fat? Many people think so. Others do not. I actually do not find him all that fat. But, putting down Brazilian soccer players is stupid, anyway. Fat, chubby or thin, they still win.

Asamoah is a big dude.
He is a bit fat...But he still scores goals, so it really doesnt matter.

mmarsh said:
In a major surprise (at least for me) France has qualified defeating Togo 2-0.

Not a surprise at all to me. France has a complete roster from offense to defense comprised of some young new faces and veterans. They are actually quite strong. I believe they will beat Spain and advance to the quarterfinals. They should have beat Togo like 4-0. The first couple of games their formation was worthless and they had the wrong people in the wrong positions. Look for the same type of 4-4-2 lineup against Spain with Zidane back in the midfield (you know he wants to retire on a good note) and Ribery coming off the bench to provide a spark later in the game. Thierry Henry has a lot of confidence now going into the knockout stage. However, they will be stopped short by Brazil.

With that said... France is my second favorite team, so I am saying all of the positive things... but I still feel they have as good a chance as most of the final 16 now.

But... all eyes will be on my favorite team - ARGENTINA ! I picked them from the start ... ok, ok - I pick them every year, but this might be their time to shine. An easy win over Mexico will send them into the quarterfinals putting them in a tough match against hosts Germany. With the German strikers in such good form and everyone on Argentina getting in on the action we could see a very high scoring game that ends up being decided by pk's.

Who knows, the play will become much more intense and fun to watch in the knockout stage. Anything can happen, these are just some of my predictions for my favorite teams.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Austrailia wins against Croatia 3-2...\
It was a draw...2-2

Round-of-16 kicks off with the Mannschaft taking on Sweden in 5 hours, i can't wait! Really hope Germany win. Any idea if any regular starters from either team are injured/suspended? I hope Huth starts...but thats just my opinion.

Last edited:
If Germany wins today, which they should, the Argies are cooked...assuming too, that they make the next round. How things have changed. I remember prior to the World Cup that many people thought the Germans would not pass the opening round. Like always, a "lousy" German team seems to win.

I can only say...in reference to others...Fear the Germans. FEAR THEM!

(all in fun, guys. There seem to be no sure bets in Football...other than Brazil.)

Ollie Garchy said:
If Germany wins today, which they should, the Argies are cooked...assuming too, that they make the next round. How things have changed. I remember prior to the World Cup that many people thought the Germans would not pass the opening round. Like always, a "lousy" German team seems to win.

I can only say...in reference to others...Fear the Germans. FEAR THEM!

(all in fun, guys. There seem to be no sure bets in Football...other than Brazil.)
Not even they are completely immortal...I want to see someone like Ghana beat them. That'd be great...

Germany eliminates Sweden, and I must say...Germany dominated. Sweden had no chance after the twelfth minute. Sweden was outplayed from the whistle.Good show Germany. Now lets see who gets to play the host nation, Argentina or Mexico. If its Argentina, Germany will have their hands full with Javier Pedro Saviola. If its Mexico, then good luck to them, because Germany will wipe the floor.

Last edited:
:jump: Whoohooo, what a glorious day! :cheers:

Concerning Argentina, they were godlike against Serbia but pretty unspectacular against the Netherlands. I think they need a lot of space to get their pass-play going. If our guys play aggressive enough next Friday they will have a chance.

I agree. I think Germany has to play forward, or play very very conservatively and put men back and fight the ball. Germany cannot, I repeat CANNOT let Saviola have any room to run. They need to mark him shirt-tight.

On the Argentinian side of the ball...They need to try to get in behind defence and play the ball down the wing into Javier Pedro Saviola. Argentina has a lot of depth on their side, but it won't do them any good if the German defence stick with them. Argentina needs to really step up their passing game. If they play like they did against the Netherlands, then Germany will easily contain them and perhaps even shut them out...It all depends on both teams' stratageys.

Ollie Garchy said:

Asamoah is a big dude.
No I was being serious. I read an interview with him a while ago where he said he was trying to lose weight. Judging by appearence, Ronaldo is a little fatter.
Popeye said:
But... all eyes will be on my favorite team - ARGENTINA ! I picked them from the start ... ok, ok - I pick them every year, but this might be their time to shine. An easy win over Mexico will send them into the quarterfinals putting them in a tough match against hosts Germany. With the German strikers in such good form and everyone on Argentina getting in on the action we could see a very high scoring game that ends up being decided by pk's.

Who knows, the play will become much more intense and fun to watch in the knockout stage. Anything can happen, these are just some of my predictions for my favorite teams.
Great prediction! I hope it won't come to PKs.

I think the home advantage is helping Klinsi's 11 quite a lot

Last edited:
Some more shots of football once again highlighting the physical aspect of the game as the first day of knockout concludes and each team leaves it all on the field

5726508_7_3.jpg

5726888_7_2.jpg

5724812_7_2.jpg

5725702_7_2.jpg

5726878_7_2.jpg

Ollie Garchy said:
How things have changed. I remember prior to the World Cup that many people thought the Germans would not pass the opening round. Like always, a "lousy" German team seems to win.

Incidentely, most Informed people outside of Germany did count them amongst the favourites.

Yeah... most people I know that understand the game always put Germany up there as a threat to advance. I think the big story this year is the amount of goals that they are scoring. In the past Germany has been known to play a boring game, being very defensive minded... but I don't recall them being seen as lousy.

Bending it like only Beckham can, England wins on David Beckhams free kick. 1-0 England over Ecuador.

And meeting them in the quarterfinals will be: PORTUGAL!!! They beat the Netherlands 1-0! Congratulations Portugal.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can get an authentic/official world cup 2006 france jersey? I've looked around and I have seen many different types under a lot of different prices.

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatSectionV...rchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1205&Sort=Product_Name

It seems the one on there for $100 is 'official' but after a lot of comparison with the replicas and looking at pictures like these ...

zidane130ti.jpg

I can't really tell much of a difference between either of them except for the small logo/tags on the bottom corner of the jerseys.

I am just looking for one that is as close as you can get to the real thing so if anyone knows what that is or where to find one that would be great.

Thanks

Back