FIFA World Cup anyone? - Page 12

--

June 22nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Beautifully said Ollie. Thank you for your apology, and its not your fault. Its just his...and FIFA's...That referee for the Austrailia-Croatia game was hilarious...just called the rest of the game off. Hahaha
June 23rd, 2006  
Ollie Garchy

Hey, I am not joking. Roy, the English Referee, yellow-carded Simicic three times before presenting the red. While far worse than Merk's ridiculous call against the Americans -- a revolution in soccer, both are further indications of severe FIFA incompetence. None of the other officials pointed out the mistake to Roy. They probably did not even notice the mistake. Like I said, they are all drunk. Or, they think giving stiff arm salutes in Germany is still trendy.
June 23rd, 2006  
Mr KillKill

Australia moves on to the next round.
And everybody wants to be a Jedi
--
June 23rd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Garchy
Hey, I am not joking. Roy, the English Referee, yellow-carded Simicic three times before presenting the red. While far worse than Merk's ridiculous call against the Americans -- a revolution in soccer, both are further indications of severe FIFA incompetence. None of the other officials pointed out the mistake to Roy. They probably did not even notice the mistake. Like I said, they are all drunk. Or, they think giving stiff arm salutes in Germany is still trendy.
Im not either. I was being truthful. It was spot on. And wow...LOL...I was taught that 2 yellows=1 red...Guess things change at the national level??
June 23rd, 2006  
Damien435

Didn't Australia and Croatia tie 2-2?

And about the penalty kick that gave Ghana the win, looking back I think I have to agree with it, I mean how else does someone who is 6'8" get the advantage OVER someone who is 5'11"?
June 23rd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Oh yea, sorry...There was a "goal" there at the end that the referee said wasn't a goal and it was confusing at the end of the game...My bad.

I still disagree...There was no foul on the Ghana player. It was a case of both players going for the ball, the taller man got there first, and the short one made it look like it was a foul. Watching the replay from 20 different camera angles has only confirmed that Oguche Onyewu simply headed the ball away...
June 23rd, 2006  
Fox

WTF??!?! USA lost to Ghana. I just saw it from NEWS. Refs suck!!!!!!
June 23rd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

You shoulda been watching this thread...We had it up right after the final whistle.
June 23rd, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
Well, we would have had a much better chance to beat Ghana if we had Pope and Mastroeni on the field.I think seeing them both get red-carded for fouls that shouldnt have been called or in a worse case been a yellow card brought down the US's spirit a little. Course, the officials didnt exactly help us there...
Pope and Mastroeni got red cards in the game against Italy right? Damn, I thought a "proper" red card that kicks you off the pitch doesn't keep you from playing in the next round (unlike 2 yellow cards collected over the course of more than 1 match).
June 23rd, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Garchy
Fat people can still score...especially against the Japanese. And please. 90 Kg at 1.83 m. That is fat or a heavy-weight boxer or bodybuilder. Ronaldo is still fat...a skilled fat man. (He is losing weight, though). His BMI is 27...he is chubby, portly, whatever. For a soccer player, a guy who has to run 90 minutes on a field and not sit in a dugout chewing tobacco or swinging a stick every now and then, he is fat. But baseball players need that extra strength. Do soccer players? Hardly.
Since you're so informed about fat people: How's Asamoah doing?