FIFA World Cup anyone?

ZIDANE=
ram-man-a.jpg

mmarsh said:
I got one word for ya ZIZOU.
Yep, the right word indeed.
Overhere huge celebrations everywhere, on the streets, in the squares. Girls stripping and people drunk. Everybody jumping at the tune of "Who doesn't jump is a Frenchman", and partying.
I just got back home myself.
The whole world hoped we would win and we did.
Like I'd said, the French hit the rack early tonight :cheers:.

Italian Guy said:
Overhere huge celebrations everywhere, on the streets, in the squares. Girls stripping and people drunk. Everybody jumping at the tune of "Who doesn't jump is a Frenchman", and partying.
I just got back from church, and I asked Father if he was pulling for the azzurri...here is the conversation..."Of course I was. Go Italy."
"How bout the Zidane headbutt?"
"That really sickened me, and between that and the fact that they missed on the penalty kicks, I just think those French folks are all going to hell."

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Italy won, but the French played better. The French were much more dominate throughout the 2nd half and the overtime periods. We had no luck. By the time the penalties we had lost our entire offense. Veira got injured, Henry collapsed from exhustion, Ribery was subbed (a mistake) and Zidane got ejected for that stupid headbutt (probably cost us the game for that stupid stunt). There was nobody left to shoot the goals.

About the Zidane ejection, the red card was merited. I think the Italian player said something nasty and Zizou just lost it. Still you could think he could have waited until after the game ended to slug the guy.

Personally I think the French did very well considering the fact that they were picked 99-1 to make it to the finals. Something else too, the French had to overcome much more difficult teams than the Italians. Italys only real challenge was Germany, the other teams it played were very weak. France had to play and beat Spain, Brazil and Portugal.

Still, Congrats to Italy.

Last edited:
Yea, the French played well, but when the representatives of your country resort to headbutting because of some smack talk, its not going to be pretty.

Oh shut up about "easy" schedules. It's the WORLD CUP, there are no slack teams there, especially not outside of group play. To say that Italy had an easy schedule is incredibly disrespectful to the Italian players for the effort they put forth and to the teams Italy had to play to get to where they were.

One bright note out of this. Italy beat every team they came up against except one, anybody remember what team that was?

Italian Guy said:
:shock: Girls stripping!!!! :shock: people drunk!!! I WANNA GO OVER THERE!!!!! PAAARRRRRTYYYY!!!

Damien435 said:
One bright note out of this. Italy beat every team they came up against except one, anybody remember what team that was?

Uhm yeah, we didn't really want to kick a friend's ass, y'know :love:.

A few words concerning the Italian football team & the lessons one can draw from their victories:

1. Violence as central defensive characteristic. Smash opponents in the face. Constantly mow them down whilst they run. Kick, lunge, and get in the way. Do NOT play the ball. A few yellow and red cards are acceptable. Utilize all body parts including the tongue.

2. If in doubt, fall down. If it seems that opposing players are getting the upper hand, foul them or simply fall down. Many a game can even be won this way (vs. Australia, etc.). In any case, constant disruptions to game flow will ensure that you can break the opposing team's spirit. The "super experts" will even congratulate this type of behaviour.

3. Taunt and pinch opposing players as often as possible. Opposing players seem to take great offense at being rubbed, tweaked, pinched, kicked, bitten, etc. Therefore, do it as often as possible. Some opponents will even crack. The great Zidane was only the icing on the cake.

4. If in doubt, mobilize the Italian press to help. Yes, Germany had the 12th man. But Italy had much more. They used their exceptional skills to manipulate officials, searched for ways to generate red cards off the field, and even mobilized domestic resources to pressure fifa and manufacture a victory.

Italy a great side? Yes they are. They are so much more than just a football team. They KNOW how to win. Just look at how the Italian league operates. Their national team is just a reflection of this ethos.

Congratulations, Italy. I like your twisted way of playing football.

I love the spirit and the fairness of some Germans who accepted the victory of Italy at the World Cup.
Why should a German be pissed off about Italy winning? Uhm, hold on a sec, who kicked Germany's butt in the first place?
Oh ok, now it makes sense.
Zinedine Zidane resorted to a hard headbutt on Materazzi's chest and yet the Italians are the violent ones, oh gee.
Come on, you're still third place.

Still its true, I can't remember any game with Italy involved that didn't get nasty. Anyway against Germany they were the better team but yesterday France should have won. Kudos for their comeback in the second half.

Italian Guy

I think Oillie has a bit of a point. I watched all the Italian games

1. The elbow to Brian Mcbride was deliberate. Thats why it got de Rossi a 4 game suspension.

2. Taking a dive. This one is my biggest issue with Italy. I commented on this before if you check back a few pages during the Semi and Quarter finals. There were clear instances that the Italian players were faking fouls. The worst was the game against Australia where there was absolutly no contact, and the dive resulted in the game winning goal. There were also some well staged theatrics against the USA as well. After watching the USA game, I was absolutly disgusted with Italy. And it continued throughout the Cup. The next world cup the refs have to start handing out Red Cards for players faking fouls, it was out of control this tournament.

3. About the insults. The only thing I can say about this is that Masterzzi obviously said something to Zidane that pissed him off. You can tell by watching the video, Zidane is walking way, then all of the sudden he quickly spins around and headbutts him. The NYTimes is reporting that Materzzi used a racial slur and if thats the case there should have been 2 red cards. Whatever the case, Zidane shouldnt have headbutted him, but Materzzi isnt completely innocent either. The sports commentator said that the Italians had been pestering Zidane all night, they wanted to get Zidane out of the game, hook or by crook.

Damien435

I dunno how you can say that. Italy only faced 2 teams that presented any real challenge, you cannot tell me that facing Australia and Ukraine (both of which have never been in the WC before) was a equal match up Spain, Portugal or Brazil. All the teams deserved to be in the WC, but its totally false to say they were all equal. The truth is Italy got lucky in the group it was in.

Last edited:
Lol you guys are cracking me up.
Uhm first off, I assumed Loki was talking about ALL the games Italy has ever played. If he was referring to the World Cup only, he's still wrong though.
My impression is that most of you guys don't have a brilliant background of playing or watching soccer games.
Everybody tries to fake fouls, are you trying to say we are the only ones? Seems to me like some of you guys are used to watch Russian classical ballets.
We had a referee in the field and he wasn't a friend of ours. The penalty kick assigned to France last night was NOT right. It was wrong if you just watch the scene, only thing is the referee was way behind the players and couldnt see well. And also, last night, the referee was about to let Zidane get away with the headbutt hadn't the linesman seen it and told him.
About the insults, yeah oooooh Materazzi said something to Zidane that pissed him off... little Zidane reacted in such a civil manner that showed all the world how the French can be fair and calm.
Like I said, we had a referee on the field and everybody could see he was not a friend of ours.
Now stop whining and put your leotard back on (except for your players who will have to put their helmets on).

Last edited:
Italian Guy said:
You haven't watched too many games, have ya?
Yes I have.

Italian Guy said:
Oops, you're German as well.
Well spotted. :bravo:

Anyway if Germany had won I wouldn't want anyone to criticize them, deseverdly or not. I just think Italy played very aggressively throughout the tournament and not always fair. And the penalty was of course right, and if the ref. had been consequent they would have gotten a second one in the second half. Btw, did you see the ref and those Italian players stand around after the 90 minutes, chatting and drinking from the same bottle? Seemed to me a bit more familiarity than desirable.

loki said:
And the penalty was of course right

You have evidently missed the scene.

loki said:
Btw, did you see the ref and those Italian players stand around after the 90 minutes, chatting and drinking from the same bottle? Seemed to me a bit more familiarity than desirable.

Innuendo? Hey and did you see our captain shaking hands with the FIFA President Blatter at the end of the game? And they even gave them some kind of cup... oh well, definitely too much familiarity..mmmhh let's try to find out more.

See, its all one big conspiracy!

No really, I'm not saying that means anything, it just seemed odd to me.

Back