FIFA World Cup anyone?

tomtom22 said:
Looks like Popeye is a good predictor!

:peace: I had them over Spain, Brazil, and Portugal. Honestly though, it makes me a little upset when people say France shocked Brazil. Brazil did not really show up this world cup - Ronaldinho was an empty uniform. I just knew France would win because they were the last team to beat Brazil before that and had the same main stars ... and now after this last win against Brazil they are the only team with a winning record in world cup play when going head to head with the Brazilians (2-1-1). If you break it down on paper... France has a complete roster ... each player plays for an elite team. Even their non-starters are good ... David Trezeguet for Juventus hardly plays. France has the stars, the team chemistry, the experience, and the leadership necessary to win the world cup. I've picked them over each team they have played so far in the knockout stage... so why would I stop now !

Here it is...

France > Italy

Either way I hope it is a good match determined by the players!

Italian Guy said:
Oh don't worry, bud, don't worry. The French will hit the rack early on Sunday.
:cheers: For once, we agree :D :D
fingolfin361 said:
Great, Frings is out, that can't be good. Who the hell is replacing him? And he is in such good form too :mad:
Yeh, that might've cost Germany the final. Just like Koller being injured my have cost the Czech Republic the quarter final.
fingolfin361 said:
Just :cens: great, 119 & 121 minute. I am so upset. In all fairness though Italy played like a slightly better, more experienced team.

Deutschland for third place now, i guess.

Zidane (and France, coz it must be so) for the Cup.
Yeh the Italians were in better physical shape. I was revisin for my Quantum Mechanics exam so I only heard the commentary from the other room and I heard far more Italian chances being mentioned than German ones during the last 20 minutes or so (before that, both team had approximately equal shots on goal)
Ollie Garchy said:
Maybe I should just stop reading the crap shovelled out by the English press. This was definitely the worst English side that I have ever seen. That Korean doctor should clone the English 1990 team...now those guys had style. Bye England.
Yes, clone soccer! They should clone multigenerational dream teams (that include Pélé, Netzer, etc)
mmarsh said:
Not the same, Just like in 1998, I'm going to miss one hell of a party if they win.
Well, then it'll be a relief for you when Italy wins :p, which they will
redcoat said:
Have to agree, we weren't robbed.

Beckham is now only a deadball kicker, Rooney lots of talent, but lots of temper as well, Lampard had a nightmare tournament, etc.

Have to disagree about Crouch though, because while he looks freakish, he's actually a very good player, and the team played far better while he was on the pitch, he managed to hold the ball from long shots while the midfield caught up and pressed the attack, he in my view had a good tournament.
I agree about Crouch. Rooney's pretty good but is just too much of a scally :D

Last edited:
Italian Guy said:
Oh don't worry, bud, don't worry. The French will hit the rack early on Sunday.

Wasn't that what you said in Euro Cup back in 2000? :lol:.

I got one word for ya ZIZOU.

I got one word for ya ZIZOU.

18916303717.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

what was he thinking? France were well on top and were the only team that looked like scoring then he does that

they were all good pens though, England could learn a lot from Italy in that department.

KC72 said:
where did you learn what that meant?:p
When I lived in the West Midlands I had a housemate from Merseyside :D.Me and some of my other friends called local Coventry chavs "scallies" aswell :D.

Last edited:
Back