• Being Hungry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lack Of Sleep

• Lots of running/yomping

• Total voters
I agree

hey beardo when you going into marines? you a civvi at the moment?

the lack of sleep don't bother you after awhile.............it tends to be the constant dampness or cold, lack of sleep is fine when you pop enough pro - plus lol

hey u

well good luck in the marines.................advice....step up your physical training with cardio.............cus they bloody hit ya hard during the 2nd week.............lol

marines is a good laugh..........i met some decent good mates whilst i was navy n still keep in touch with them. But hats off to em and what they go through!!

the field is a tough question though........if your kept busy enough the sleep won't bother you cus in a way you won't notice it

Lack of sleep. Or should I say, when you just get to sleep, then get woken up for a gun watch, then go back to sleep with just enough time to drift off before it's up before the sun. God that sucks hard. That's why it rocks if you either pull the first or the last watch.

I really cant answer this one, because I thought the field rocked. I would have much rather been in the field instead of in garrison.

Sooners1 said:
I really cant answer this one, because I thought the field rocked. I would have much rather been in the field instead of in garrison.

Yep anything is better than garrison. But I disliked getting into the night position just get wrapped up in the poncho liner. Then somebody at Bn decides Objective Bravo needs to be taken by 0100.

Eating because you are losing any calories you can burn and all energy and nutrients needed for you to act and think clearly.

RnderSafe said:
Being so wet and cold your teeth chatter like an M-60 on full auto.

I am going to agree with RnderSafe. Being wet and cold really sucks. If you have not experienced a field problem where it is pouring rain when the temps are near freezing, then you do not know the full pain of being totally cold and wet

I personaly love the field but the worst bit is falling into a "puddle" aka deep pit of unexspected mud and sheep "dropppings. I hate puddles now.

Being cold and wet would probably be the worst thing in the field because if it's not taken care of properly, hypothermia can easily set in if the outside temperature is in the lower ranges. However, even without the thought of hypothermia to worry about, there's a reason why 'cold, wet and miserable' go together.

Eating because you are losing any calories you can burn and all energy and nutrients needed for you to act and think clearly.
Doesn't your army feed you. I don't think I've gone hungry on exercise. I've always got more than I can eat, everyone does.

As for cold, it's not such a problem here in Australia, unless your in rural new south wales or victoria. it can get bloody cold there. Coldest I reckon it's ever been here in South Australia in my lifetime is 2 degrees centigrade, but thats on the coldest of cold nights in the middle of winter. It's usually pretty good weather, but then again, you hit summer and heat is your biggest enemy.

RnderSafe said:
Being so wet and cold your teeth chatter like an M-60 on full auto.

Oh I just flashed on beautiful San Clemente Island. No matter when I went there. Wet and Cold.

One must always bring at least two sets of clothing, dry clothes and wet clothes. The clothes are to be worn when sleeping and must be kept in a water tight plastic bag. These must be kept dry like your life depends on it, because it really might end up being that way.
Wet clothes are for everything else. Sweat, rain, rivers, nasty stuff...
Important thing is you have to find the time to dry your body, or else things will start to rot.

Yeah I was taught that. But here is the rub. Alot of times we dropped packs and were left with what we could carry in a butt pack. Ration and poncho maybe a poncho liner. Sometimes it took a day for packs to catch up to us.

Back