Boots

December 17th, 2004  
beardo

Topic: In the Field

Mine has to be the lack of sleep
December 17th, 2004  
Anya1982

Topic: I agree

hey beardo when you going into marines? you a civvi at the moment?

the lack of sleep don't bother you after awhile.............it tends to be the constant dampness or cold, lack of sleep is fine when you pop enough pro - plus lol
December 17th, 2004  
beardo

yeah im still a civvy....end of jan i should be going
--
Boots
December 17th, 2004  
Anya1982

Topic: hey u

well good luck in the marines.................advice....step up your physical training with cardio.............cus they bloody hit ya hard during the 2nd week.............lol

marines is a good laugh..........i met some decent good mates whilst i was navy n still keep in touch with them. But hats off to em and what they go through!!

the field is a tough question though........if your kept busy enough the sleep won't bother you cus in a way you won't notice it
December 17th, 2004  
AussieNick

Lack of sleep. Or should I say, when you just get to sleep, then get woken up for a gun watch, then go back to sleep with just enough time to drift off before it's up before the sun. God that sucks hard. That's why it rocks if you either pull the first or the last watch.
December 17th, 2004  
Sooners1

I really cant answer this one, because I thought the field rocked. I would have much rather been in the field instead of in garrison.
December 17th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooners1
I really cant answer this one, because I thought the field rocked. I would have much rather been in the field instead of in garrison.
Yep anything is better than garrison. But I disliked getting into the night position just get wrapped up in the poncho liner. Then somebody at Bn decides Objective Bravo needs to be taken by 0100.
December 18th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Then somebody at Bn decides Objective Bravo needs to be taken by 0100.

Being so wet and cold your teeth chatter like an M-60 on full auto.
December 18th, 2004  
EagleZtrike

Eating because you are losing any calories you can burn and all energy and nutrients needed for you to act and think clearly.
December 18th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Being so wet and cold your teeth chatter like an M-60 on full auto.
I am going to agree with RnderSafe. Being wet and cold really sucks. If you have not experienced a field problem where it is pouring rain when the temps are near freezing, then you do not know the full pain of being totally cold and wet