You on the field

J

Jay Jay

If you were in the middle of a war in the sahara dessert and your entire platoon is dying on you. What would you do fight or retreat. If you fight what weapons would you use?

Not enough info

Jay Jay said:
If you were in the middle of a war in the sahara dessert and your entire platoon is dying on you. What would you do fight or retreat. If you fight what weapons would you use?

:rambo: I'd like to say you fight where you are and with what ya brung . . . . . .

BUT

:9mm: You didn't give enough information.

.....THEM...................................................THEM......

:tank: :tank: :horsie:(YOU) :horsie: :tank: :tank:

There ARE times when it is better to retreat and live to fight another day.

Like when you're about to be slaughtered by a much better armed and much more numerous force and the objective isn't worth the death of every swinging Richard.

Don't mean you're cowards - just smarter than the average bear.

First, what the hell is worth fighting for in the middle of the Sahara?

Second, I'd call for support.

If no support is available, I call for airlift out. There's no honor in getting slaughtered and failing the mission.

If no airlift is available, we fight, using whatever is available, until evac is possible or until we're all dead.

I will fight to the death with an M-16 and the holy father on my side and ill try to save who ever is still alive in my platoon.

:bang: I hate to say this Navy Boy - "You're crazier than a Hooty Owl!". (Not meant as personal attack)

I hope that your response was meant to be a "tongue-in-cheek response.

I would hope someone doesn't shoot you in the back (it's happened in combat zones before). Troopers have a major heartache with someone who is so gungho that they don't value the lives of their subordinates. If you are the one in charge, then you DO NOT spend your troop's lives without a d*mn good reason and always look for alternate tactics before you spend lives like water.

If you want to throw away your own life and commit suicide, I'm quite sure that YOUR troops would hold back and let you do it. (I would) (and have).

Last edited:
The Cooler King said:

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

NB
The above is part of Patton's speech that I referenced in my email to you. DIG?

Depending on the situation, I'd either evac or fight for as long as possible.

Weapon-wise, I'd use my issued weapons until I ran out of ammunition, and then I'd grab the nearest weapon to me, and go from there.

Don't be mad at the Chief, he's right. There's nothing glorious in and of itself about dying for your country if your country is wrong. I think getting the hell out of there is the best response to that situation...no one wants to RON in the Sahara in the first place, morale would be low, and people don't want to fight for a person who doesn't care about their lives.

Jay Jay said:

IM sorry but I have to say that this is a pointless thread. You wont know what you would actually do until you are there. Most people will play hero and say ill fight to the death and others will say call for support or w/e but really, you have no clue what your going to do in the field in that exact situation.

Last edited:
No one's making you post here...:sarc:

Actually, to you, this thread doesn't even have to exist. Just completely ignore it. We, on the other hand, will continue our discussion.

And, keep in mind, it could be worse. We could be a bunch of gamers shouting "OMFG, I PwNz0r3D you!" all over the place.

Good point. Im just saying, theres no possible way you can say what your going to do in that sort of situation so abviously most people are gonna make themselves out to be heroes here.

c/Commander said:
No one's making you post here...:sarc:

Actually, to you, this thread doesn't even have to exist. Just completely ignore it. We, on the other hand, will continue our discussion.

And, keep in mind, it could be worse. We could be a bunch of gamers shouting "OMFG, I PwNz0r3D you!" all over the place.
No one is asking you to reply to his posts.

If it ticks you off that someone has an individual opinion, then ignore them. I know you have an opinion, and you are free to express it, bu don't slag other people for expressing their's.

Back