A few questions/requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

AikiRooster

Tube Monkey USMC
Admin edit: Moved from the private messages to staff forum since these questions may apply to other members as well

#2. In the photos, sometimes certain photos don't show, only a link to click that takes you to the photo. I've deleted mine that showed up like that, looks tacky. Except for one that is in a post somewhere.

#3. Any chance of saving our writing preferences for the board?

#4. How about adding font's? Some type of Lucida Calligraphy font would be great for me.

#5. Also, if I purchase colors for my username and title, if one is black but profile background is black, what happens? If both are black and they don't show like they should, maybe it's possible to show an alternative color for those instances.

#6. Any chance of adding a Eastern Astrology sign to our profile? R Lee Ermey's forum has that and I thought it's cool. Nice for here too I think.

#7. Would be good to add, if possible in the system, a GMail IM thing in the contact section.

#8. If not there currently, in our groups we might create, photo's that we load, etc, if we could get email notification for comments made or folks joining, that would be nice. Also, if it can be kept track of folks who viewed same like in our profile. (I really do like how you can see who checked your profile). Additionally, in the profile, groups and such, is it possible to add the ability to write in different colors, fonts and/or bold? Comments you sometimes can. sometimes the adjustment things don't work well or at all in some cases. Also, in groups, if available, allow us to apply settings to that too like in our profiles.

#9. Would be nice to be able to delete completely, messages deleted from our visitor comments section in our profile. Maybe add a time and date stamp to those posts as well.

#10. When I get a new PM, I have a popup, when I click it, I get a blank screen. Somewhere in the settings for that, it is a little off I think. Of course, could be me that's a little off, wouldn't be the first time. (answered this one myself, I had pop ups blocked. I didn't delete #10 in case an additional bonehead comes to you with same issue).

#11. The pics we can place in our profile come out yucky I think. Is their anyway you can make it so we can place a photo and have the ability to place in there somewhere without it looking extremely tacky? For example, the blue EG&A or the thin blue line I have in my photo's, if I wanted to place that in the center, or top right hand corner even perhaps of the olive drab area where folks would write messages, that look better I think. Again, this easily could be similar to #10 and I just might be stuck in silly season.

More to follow as I think of them.

Last edited:
#2. In the photos, sometimes certain photos don't show, only a link to click that takes you to the photo. I've deleted mine that showed up like that, looks tacky. Except for one that is in a post somewhere.

It looks like some animated GIFs with too many frames are causing this, the rest of the images in your gallery seems to be working fine so I don't think I can do anything about it..

#3. Any chance of saving our writing preferences for the board?

Yes, I hope to be able to add that as well later.. :smil:

#4. How about adding font's? Some type of Lucida Calligraphy font would be great for me.

No, non-standard fonts are not a good idea to add since each user/member would have to have that font installed on their computer or else the default font would show for them.

#5. Also, if I purchase colors for my username and title, if one is black but profile background is black, what happens? If both are black and they don't show like they should, maybe it's possible to show an alternative color for those instances.

I'm sorry but it isn't possible to use or add alternate colors so a black font on a black backround wouldn't work very well..

#6. Any chance of adding a Eastern Astrology sign to our profile? R Lee Ermey's forum has that and I thought it's cool. Nice for here too I think.

It should be possible to add this in in the flags/gear shop so you could buy it and add it to your profile/posts that way

#7. Would be good to add, if possible in the system, a GMail IM thing in the contact section.

I'll see what I can do, it shouldn't be too hard to add it

#8. If not there currently, in our groups we might create, photo's that we load, etc, if we could get email notification for comments made or folks joining, that would be nice. Also, if it can be kept track of folks who viewed same like in our profile. (I really do like how you can see who checked your profile).

I'm really not sure if that's possible. I'll see what I can do about it.

Additionally, in the profile, groups and such, is it possible to add the ability to write in different colors, fonts and/or bold? Comments you sometimes can. sometimes the adjustment things don't work well or at all in some cases. Also, in groups, if available, allow us to apply settings to that too like in our profiles.

It is possible to do most of that if you click the "go advanced" button when you post visitor messages or social groups messages

#9. Would be nice to be able to delete completely, messages deleted from our visitor comments section in our profile. Maybe add a time and date stamp to those posts as well.

The "deleted message" text is only visible to you or the forum staff, not the rest of the members. It's a "security measure" so members who have tried to fake info etc. can't completely deleted it, or if a members account has been hacked the hacker can't deleted everything....

#10. When I get a new PM, I have a popup, when I click it, I get a blank screen. Somewhere in the settings for that, it is a little off I think. Of course, could be me that's a little off, wouldn't be the first time. (answered this one myself, I had pop ups blocked. I didn't delete #10 in case an additional bonehead comes to you with same issue).

#11. The pics we can place in our profile come out yucky I think. Is their anyway you can make it so we can place a photo and have the ability to place in there somewhere without it looking extremely tacky? For example, the blue EG&A or the thin blue line I have in my photo's, if I wanted to place that in the center, or top right hand corner even perhaps of the olive drab area where folks would write messages, that look better I think. Again, this easily could be similar to #10 and I just might be stuck in silly season.

More profile styling options will be added later so I'll see what I can do about that as well

Would you mind if I moved this into the questions forum so everyone can see it?
I'm pretty sure more membera may wonder about some of these things as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back