and a few more

Redneck

i'm pretty sure these ones are new

“I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.”

“If I do my full duty, the rest will take care of itself.”

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap."

"Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets."

"The obvious thing for the cavalryman to do is to accept the fighting machine as a partner, and prepare to meet more fully the demands of future warfare."

"Do not make excuses, whether it s your fault or not."

"The duties of an officer are the safety, honor, and welfare of your country first; the honor, welfare, and comfort of the men in your command second; and the officer s own ease, comfort, and safety last."

"There is only one type of discipline, perfect discipline."

"-Maybe there are 5 000, maybe 10 000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me the supplies, I'll go through the Sigfried Line like shit through a goose."

"We won't just shoot the bastard, but rip out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks."

"A leader is a man who can adapt principles to circumstances."

"Always take the offensive...Never Dig in."

these are all from Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., one of my personal favorite military commanders (and not just because he was armor). the man knew how to get a job done.

yes, Most of them are new, but I do think I have some of them on the site.

At least the first one... 8)

One of my personal favorites from Patton:
I do not have to tell you who won the war. You know, the artillery did.

AHOA! :m16:

It's hard to verify quotes like this, but I think most of them are genuine.

"-Maybe there are 5 000, maybe 10 000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me the supplies, I'll go through the Sigfried Line like shit through a goose."

I think this one was theatrical to stress the schism beetween Monty and Ol Blood and Guts, unless somone can prove me wrong. Good quote nonetheless :D

My favorite quote from the movie and maybe from Patton is:
"Wonder weapons? Thank God I don't see the wonder in them. Killing without heroics? Nothing is glorified? Nothing is reaffirmed? No heroes? No cowards? No troops? No generals? Only those who are left alive and those who are left...dead? I'm glad I won't live to see it."

I enjoy this as it's relevance to the present time. So many war protestors there is no understanding of sacrifice anymore. If one person from our side dies the war is suddenly unjust. Sometimes I wish we could go back and undo smart bombs and precision bombs just to allow the people to understand what sacrifice is. No one complained WW2 was unjust and we lost 500,000 soldiers. Almost half of those just during D-Day. We will never have another "greatest generation" if no one realizes what strife and sacrifice are and won't learn to appreciate it. Any country with the arsenal we have can do what we did in Iraq, but how many have soldiers with the guts and skill to go in and take it by force. We do and we'll never again prove it.

The problem is Americans these days dont belive in good guys and bad guys, so instead of getting angry and more focused when one of our guys is killed, all of a sudden they point the blame at the highest GOP official and run away from the problem. Since when are our leader's the bad guys, I thought it was the feddeyen?

Redleg said:
It's hard to verify quotes like this, but I think most of them are genuine.
they are gunuine if you watch the credits for the movie GA Omar Bradley was a consultant for the movie.

Back