A Few Good Men

Rotty261

Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.
You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Col Nathan R Jessup (Jack Nicholson)

"I want the truth!" Lt....ummm.Tom Cruise
"You can't handle the truth!" Col. Jessup.

Lt. Sam Weinberg-"Why do you like them so much?"
Lt. Comdr. Joeanne Gallaway-"Because they stand on a wall and say nothing's going to hurt you, not on my watch!"

NCdt Steliga said:
"I want the truth!" Lt....ummm.Tom Cruise
"You can't handle the truth!" Col. Jessup.

If I'm not mistakening..

- "Do you want the truth?"
- "I think I'm entitled to the truth sir.."
- "Do you want the TRUTH?!"
- "I want the truth!"
- "You can't handle the truth!"

:D

"I want you to stand there in your f*ggy white uniform.And with your Harvard mouth. Extend me some godd*mn respect" Col. Jessup

" I have a better idea lets transfer the whole Windward Division off the base.....No wait even better. Bob, get the President on the line. Tell him we're abandoning our position in Cuba. Hold on Bob. No we have a duty to train this Marine. Yes I'm sure I read That somewhere." Col. Nathan Jessup.

I eat breakfast 2000 feet away from Cubans who are trained to kill me.

Lt Wienburg: Do you know what Marcenson did for 17 years of his career? Counter Intelligence..... if he doesn't want to be found, we aren't going to find him. I could be Marcenson.
Lt. Caphy (Tom Cruise): Are you Marcenson?
Lt. Wienburg: No.
Lt. Caphy: I'm not Marcenson......... Well that's two down.

"You messed with the wrong d*mn Marine! I'll rip out your f**kin eyes and p*ss in your dead skull." Col. Jessup

" The only thing you did today Caffey was weaken a Nation"

JAG: I thought this code red wasn’t going on anymore.
With the Marines at gitmo, who the hell knows what goes on down there.
JAG: Well what are we going to do
I don’t know
JAG: Well we better find out, or the damn thing could get messy!

Lt. Commander Galloway: I was just wondering why your clients have spent all morning, while your out hitting a ball.
Lt. Kaffey: We need the practice.
Lt. Commander Galloway: That wasn’t funny. I’m going to pettion divison, to remove you from the case. I don’t think your fit to handle the defense.
Lt. Kaffey: Ah com’on you don’t even know me, usually it takes someone hours to figure out I’m not fit to handle the defense. Oh com’on that was damn funny.

Lt. Kaffey: You don’t believe their story, you think they should go to jail for the rest of their lives?
Lt. Wineburg: I believe every word of their story, and think they should go to jail for the rest of their lives.

Corpl. Jeffery Barnes: Well catch the ferry, be there in no time.
Lt. Kaffey: Wait you didn’t say anything about a boat.
Corpl. Jeffery Barnes: Yes sir, we got to take a ferry to get to the other side of the bay, is there a problem sir?
Lt. Kaffey: No, no problem, just not crazy about boats.
Lt. Commander Galloway: Gee Whiz Kaffey you’re in the Navy for cryin’ out loud.
Lt. Kaffey: No one likes her that much.
Corpl. Jeffery Barnes: (chuckling) Yes Sir.

Lt. Kaffey: Lt. Kendrick may I call you John.
Lt. Kendrick: No you may not
Lt. Kaffey; Have I done something to offend you
Lt. Kendrick: No us Marines like all you Navy boys. Anytime we got to go somewhere to fight, you fellas give us a ride.

Lt. Commander Galloway: Lt. Kendrick, how do you feel about Santiago’s death?
Lt. Kendrick: Commander, I believe in God and his son Jesus Christ and because I do, I can say this. Santiago’s death while tragic, happend for a reason. Satiago died because he had no code, and God was watching.
Lt. Wineburg: What do you think about that?
Lt. Kaffey: Sounds good. Let’s move on.
Lt. Commander Galloway: Were you planning on doing any investigating or are you just going to take the five cent tour.
Lt. Kaffey: I’m pacing myself.

Col. Jespe: Watch your tone Commander, I’m a fair guy, but this heat is making me crazy. I can guantee that the person who wrote that memo has never faced the working end of a Soviet, Cuban made AK47, but it having come from the Commander, I gave it it’s do respect. On the record I would say that I discourage t he practice of enlisted men displining their own. Off the record I would say it’s an invaluable part of close infantry training and if it happens to go on without my knowledge, then so be it. If you want to investigate me, then roll the dice and see how they fall. I eat and sleep 400 yards from Cubans who are trained to kill me. So don’t think you can come down here and flash your badge and make me nervous. I run my unit how I run my unit......."

Lt. Kaffey: DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED????!!!!!!!!
Col. Jespe: YOUR DAMN RIGHT I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the charge and specification of 1st degree murder, this court finds you, NOT GUILTY. On the charge and specification of ....... this court finds you NOT GUILTY. On the charge and specification of conduct unbecoming, this court finds you GUILTY AS CHARGED. This court sentces you to time already spent, and to be dishonably discharged. This court is adorouned.
PFC Downy: I don't understand, what did that mean? Howe, what did that mean? Col Jespe said he ordered the code red, we did nothing wrong.
Lt. Comdr. Galloway: It's not that simple.
Howe: Yes we did, we were suppose to fight for Willie. We were suppose to fight, for the people that couldn't fight for themselves.

Lt. Kaffey: Howe you don't need a patch on your arm to have honor.
LN CPL: Attention, there's an officer on deck!

Back