fencing

Achilles

Banned
I enjoy sword fighting, its a lot harder than it looks, as you have to be constantly moving thinking, manuvering at the same time

What type of fencing do you practice? Im guessing the european kind because kendo and other asian sword wielding arts are even more complex, but highly effective.

My airsoft team and I have been looking into fencing. Is it fun? It looks like it would be. Is there any good books on fencing that u may have read?

Believe it or not, I got two years of fencing (foil) under my belt. :lol:
Once you got the basic parries and footwork down, it's actually pretty effective to just improvise from there (at least at my skill level :lol: ). I kind of crossed some wrestling "psyching out" techniques with my fencing, like aiming for the head (even though it doesn't count) just to put my opponent off balance (like you would push against your opponent's forehead in wrestling to get them mad enough to do something stupid).

fencing? You bet! why i dont know how many acres of triple strand d-ok barbed wire ive layed over the years...

seriously..i tried my hand with the epee a number of times..and was shisk-kabobed every time. give me a cutlass any day... :D

Mark Conley said:
fencing? You bet! why i dont know how many acres of triple strand d-ok barbed wire ive layed over the years...

You too? :lol: I love heading out with my posthole digger and a trailer load of railroad ties and planting a mile-long stretch of creosote trees. I can see why it was so popular back in the day in Europe.

I spent two years taking fencing lessons before NJROTC...one year of foil, one of saber. Saber is the most fun by far...also the mosst difficult.

I've done a little epee, VERY little Iaido, and a whole hell of a lot of Escrima. I liked fencing, but I don't have the finesse to be really good. I'm a hack and slash kind of guy, fast but not graceful.

In my junior high pe class we got to do fencing (it was a private school) but it was pretty fun that at school we got to "control" fight with our friends with foils...

Ah,sword fighting,done it for 2 years,when bombing started and.....
Any way its very entertaining :horsie:

Thats unbeliveable,you dont eaven know what country you bombed???before iraq in 2003 :? Yugoslavia 1999,Miloshevic and stuff,kosovo,albanians???
Sheesh :?

Might want to do a little research on that one, Achilles.

Now git back on topic afore I got to start planting boots in asses. ;)

Back