Female soldier demoted after mud wrestling party

Duty Honor Country

RALEIGH, North Carolina (AP) -- A female member of a National Guard military police unit was demoted for indecent exposure after a mud-wrestling party at the Army-run Camp Bucca detention center in Iraq, a military spokesman said Sunday.

The party occurred October 30, as the 160th Military Police Battalion, an Army Reserve Unit from Tallahassee, Florida, prepared to turn over its duties to the Asheville-based 105th Military Police Battalion, said Lt. Col. Barry Johnson, spokesman for detainee operations at Camp Bucca.

In the course of the transfer of duties, "some individuals in their exuberance decided to put together a mud-wrestling thing," Johnson said Sunday by telephone. "There were females involved, and some members of the 105th also became involved, one female soldier in particular."

Following an inquiry, that soldier was demoted and placed on restriction for participating in the event, specifically for indecent exposure, he said.

Four or five other members of the 105th who were spectators received counseling, Johnson said.

Johnson did not release the name of the demoted soldier. However, she was identified by the Daily News as Deanna Allen, 19, and the New York newspaper's identification was confirmed by her mother, Ladyna Waldrop of Black Mountain...

READ MORE
-------------------------------------

I was watching fox news and that story came up. Fox news showed a pict of the mud wrestling match that had 2 chicked in their bras going a it. I know that most guys would not mind seeing 2 chicks in that matter, but that action is not fitting for the military. If the shirts had stayed on, things may have been different.

here is a site that has some of the pictures on it.
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/9164

Is it just me or is the Military suffering from CYA knee jerk reactions about everything. IMHO 45/45 and a suspended bust probably would cover a party that got outta hand.

Part poopers

Geez, the fun police are out in force.
You should seen the shenanigans us and the Brits got up to!!!!!!

Probably because she showed her stuff and the other didn't. However it could be that she was more involved than the others.

the_13th_redneck said:
If you ask me, she should have gotten PROMOTED :lol:

I am sure that is your "manhood" speaking and not your military mind

If that event had happened "off duty," things may have been a bit different. I do not think that is something that should be going on in Iraq.

On a nother note, there must be lines drawn when men and women work together. This is not college people, this is the military. As a person who leads that female, it must be hard to give her orders after seeing her "stuff".

Doody said:
the_13th_redneck said:

If that event had happened "off duty," things may have been a bit different. I do not think that is something that should be going on in Iraq.

On a nother note, there must be lines drawn when men and women work together. This is not college people, this is the military. As a person who leads that female, it must be hard to give her orders after seeing her "stuff".

It's evident you are not italian, Doody :lol:
you are right in every respect, though.

Doody said:
the_13th_redneck said:

So lets continue this then. If we want to get puritanical about this why is a Spec 4 taking the hit for the entire party? There were NCO's involved and had knowledge of and were partcipating in the activity.To include allowing their rooms to be used for sex.
It seems to me and I have a vauge memory of being instructed that you lead by example. Then if an example is to be made lets make it someone who had the ability to actually stop the activity or control it.....an NCO. As it stands now a Speedy 4 is being used for a scape goat because she flashed her chi chi's.

Guys I was joking around.
But I heard that all the military clubs (O Clubs and NCO Clubs) could get pretty wild. But now with the extensive service of female troops the standards have been made more PC.
Now imagine all the stuff I heard about O and NCO clubs PLUS women soldiers in them. Yes, I could see this sort of thing happening.

03USMC said:
So lets continue this then. If we want to get puritanical about this why is a Spec 4 taking the hit for the entire party? There were NCO's involved and had knowledge of and were partcipating in the activity.To include allowing their rooms to be used for sex.
It seems to me and I have a vauge memory of being instructed that you lead by example. Then if an example is to be made lets make it someone who had the ability to actually stop the activity or control it.....an NCO. As it stands now a Speedy 4 is being used for a scape goat because she flashed her chi chi's.

I agree with you 100% on this one. If there was leadership at this party/mud wrestling event, more heads should roll. The last time I checked, leaders are responsible for their soldiers...Especially if the leaders are present. Is it me or have leaders been getting off the hook when it comes to these types of issues? At Abu Ghraib, there were several officers and high ranking NCO's who got administratively reprimanded while the lower ranking soldiers are being put on trial.

No your not wrong. It also seems to me that every time things have gone bad, a bevvy of PFC's, Spec 4'S and the odd NCO or SNCO have been offered up as sacrifice. Abu Ghraib being the prime example. I have no doubt in my mind that the Command staff knew what was happening , but where are they?

It seems that enlisted especially junior enlisted have become shields in some units for the Command.

The Army has "finished" its investigation. Here be the details

Mud-wrestling Army investigation ends

MIAMI (AP) — Ten members of an Army military police unit should be disciplined for staging a mud-wrestling match at a U.S. military prison in Iraq, an investigation concluded. No detainees saw the episode last October at Camp Bucca, one of the largest U.S.-controlled detention centers in Iraq, officials said.

The investigation involved reservists from the Tallahassee-based 160th Military Police Battalion, spokesman Steve Stromvall said Friday from Army Reserves headquarters in Atlanta.

It is up to the Army Reserves commander, Lt. Gen. James Helmly, to decide how to discipline the three female guards who wrestled, six sergeants who encouraged them, and a soldier who let one of the women change in his quarters, Stromvall said.

He said the decision on punishment had not yet been made, but options included reprimand, reducing the soldiers' ranks, discharging them or ordering a court-martial.

The New York Daily News published photos of the incident, including images of women wrestling in bras and panties in front of a crowd of male soldiers.

A fourth female soldier who was also found to have engaged in the mud wrestling was from a different unit and her rank was reduced as punishment, Stromvall said.

CNN

Back