FBI Says Gangs Infiltrating the US Military

Fine, assign them to the engineers, ship them to Afghanistan, and let them search and disarm IED's there, maybe they can be usefull for once at least.

Fine, assign them to the engineers, ship them to Afghanistan, and let them search and disarm IED's there, maybe they can be usefull for once at least.

I am reasonably sure you have to be intelligent for the engineers. I just can't see gang members disarming explosives when most of them cant even spell it.

My mistake, I thought the US Military had at least a spell check before they accepted anyone in there...

Anyway, give them a hammer and let them start working on IED's, problem solved. :firedevi:

I think you guys are underestimating gangs (unless your joking). Yes, most gang members are not very educated, but some are quite smart. All you need is one smart guy in an orgnization and he can make it prosperous (assuming the guy is recognized and is one of the higher ranks).

The best way I think U.S can handle this problem is by increasing the standards to be able to enter the military (for all branches) while at the same time decreasig personell of the standing army. Of course not too much, so we don't mess anything up as far as power projection.

After reading the article given by the OP, the only thing that surprised me was the Navy SEAL guy selling weapons illegally... Why the heck would you risk something like that after having such prestige? Don't understand some people these days...

At Bagram Air Base some years ago a British vehicle was covered in Chicago gang graffiti. Unfortunately for one of the gang members he had been spotted by a British Marine. A plan was laid for revenge and the same night he was abducted from his quarter by six masked men in track suits. He was taken to a area which was normally unmanned at night. Here, he was threatened to take all of his clothes of and was then handcuffed to a vehicle. The Marines took out their dicks and began to piss on him. He was then told that this was the last time he ravished Her Majesty's vehicles. He was not found until next morning. He never told anyone the reason why he was found there and to this day nobody knows who the six Britons were.

At Bagram Air Base some years ago a British vehicle was covered in Chicago gang graffiti. Unfortunately for one of the gang members he had been spotted by a British Marine. A plan was laid for revenge and the same night he was abducted from his quarter by six masked men in track suits. He was taken to a area which was normally unmanned at night. Here, he was threatened to take all of his clothes of and was then handcuffed to a vehicle. The Marines took out their dicks and began to piss on him. He was then told that this was the last time he ravished Her Majesty's vehicles. He was not found until next morning. He never told anyone the reason why he was found there and to this day nobody knows who the six Britons were.

Not according the law, but effective!

What surprised me was an in country brief years ago ( land of sand) that also informed us of all the no go areas in the accomodation lines as the yanks had it all devided up on gang related turf.
Didnt give it much credit until short cutting to get to the 'chow hall' (mess) and was informed by some bandana wearing negros that its not healthy for white boys to cut through this area. They added even Australian white boys would get only so many free chances before we became fair game. Something to do with losing face with the hispanic gang that was watching further down the row of accomodation blocks.
Bloody strange way to run a military!

Oh, I would like to add, during my time there I was not aware of any serious assaults that was put down as 'gang' related.
Sex assaults was a different matter however!

This has been going on for at least 10 years, glad the FBI caught on and decided to say something, PMO and CID has known about this for years. Yet because of the make-up of alot of these groups it's avoided least an EEOC compliant hits someones desk.

huh? I am sure the FBI and/or the military been trying to do something about it. I read news about it awhile back.

That is why I was surprised to see it popping up on this forum (Could'a sworn we talked about this earlier),

huh? I am sure the FBI and/or the military been trying to do something about it. I read news about it awhile back.

That is why I was surprised to see it popping up on this forum (Could'a sworn we talked about this earlier),

They have been. But there are other forces in play, if you are not currently serving in some component you won't understand, and I'm not putting it on Front Street.

They have been. But there are other forces in play, if you are not currently serving in some component you won't understand, and I'm not putting it on Front Street.

Something you are not allowed to do or something you just don't want to? That is my final question.

I would join the military, but medical conditions bar me from it.

would a gang operating within the military seriously effect combat capability? how do gang members operate within the military being a disciplined and structured force?

would a gang operating within the military seriously effect combat capability? how do gang members operate within the military being a disciplined and structured force?

It is not just the effect of combat capability that concerns people. It is the effect it can bring to civillian life. If a person receives training from the military, he can turn a gang into the mafia. With such organization, fighting crime would be more difficult and more illegal activity can go on unhindered for longer periods of time.

They probably hide their gang affiliations, so I am sure some if not most will act diciplined. I doubt it will effect combat capability much though. Even being in such a professional position don't mean they won't return to or act in gang related crimes while serving.

I would hazard a gues that besides getting training, theres access to weapons and a market to sell drugs to on military bases. The military is but a reflection of current trends out in civvie world to some degree.
Only a yank military memebr could answer if it effects their combat effectiveness, though when the **** goes down you would have to put gang affiliations aside and do your job....?

Back when I was on my way out I was at Ft. Knox and in the reception unit we (the company I was with) shared the building with had several "gangstas" in it, and there are some things in life you just can't hide. And that was in '92.

Back