~Favourite WW2 weapon

LeEnfield said:
Thats a big beastie Charge, how would it's size compare with the Naval Guns

That's an 800 mm gun you're looking at. Most heavy cruisers were armed with 203 mm guns. Battlecruisers and many battleships had no more than 356 mm. The KGV class battleships of Britain were eventually fitted out with US made 406 mm guns and those were the biggest the Allies used. Even Japan's I.J.S. Musashi and I.J.S. Yamato, the biggest battleships ever to sail the seas, were equipped with no more than 457 mm guns.

I seen just what the Naval guns can do from a batttleship, but I would not want to be around when that thing dropped a shell near by. Charge do you know the range of that gun.

LeEnfield said:
I seen just what the Naval guns can do from a batttleship, but I would not want to be around when that thing dropped a shell near by. Charge do you know the range of that gun.

Two types of projectiles were fired using a 300-lb. charge of smokeless powder: a 10,584 lb. High explosive (HE) shell and a 16,540 lb. concrete-piercing projectile. Craters from the HE shells measured 30-ft wide and 30-ft deep while the concrete piercing projectile proved capable of penetrating 264-ft of reinforced concrete before exploding! Maximum range was 29 miles with HE shells and 23 miles with concrete piercing projectiles. Muzzle velocity was approximately 2700 f.p.s.

Kar98 K or the Mosin Nagant for rifles;
STG-44 or MP40 for submachine guns; and
MG42 for the machine gun.

Oh yeah...and the Gewehr 43 as for the sniper rifle.

NCdt Steliga said:
Kar98 K or the Mosin Nagant for rifles;
STG-44 or MP40 for submachine guns; and
MG42 for the machine gun.

Oh yeah...and the Gewehr 43 as for the sniper rifle.

You got it all wrong:
The STG-44 was an assault rife, the first in the world if i'm not mistaken.
the Gewehr 43 was not a sniper rifle it was a semi-automatic rifle the germans borrowed the design from the superior russian takerov (i'm not sure how you spell it) design.

MightyMacbeth said:
do u know which pistol was the most powerfull in ww2??
probably the Colt 1911 .45 pistol. i dont have any specs on it, but i know it was a powerful gun, more so than any 9mm of the day.

i dont think so, railway guns arent generally classified as "pistols." so what was the most powerful pistol? a luger? a P-38? those are the only 2 i can think of other than the 1911.

Back