Favourite thing to do when you have some free time.

If I have an hour or more, I like to work on projects in my workshop, if time is tight, I like to go for a quick ride on my mountain bike. I take my GPS to keep track of times and average moving speed etc., which I then download onto the 'puta, so that I can follow my fitness* levels.

*I use the word "fitness" rather loosely, it's all relative y'know:-D.

Most of my remaining time is spent here, or working on my own forum relating to my home town. Like our town it is only a very small affair. More like a Blog with extras. Oh,.. and I also have a round of senior citizens in the town who who often call me out to help out with their computers, everything from doing Internet connections to teaching about software use. It keeps me out of trouble,...most of the time.:roll:

My retirement is so busy, I don't realise how I ever found the time to go to work.

Here's a good one .....

I am allergic to seafood .. specicfically fish, and I used to go fishing just about every evening I didn't have duty and sometimes when I was on duty, I would fish over the side of the ship and throw everything back.

While in Key West Florida, I used to go out and fish off the shoal. I would sell all of the fish to a fish market (which paid of the gas I used going and coming).

I haven't gone fishing since late 1992 ...

Problem has been I didn't have the money when I had the time or I didn't have the time when I had the money.

Ahhhh well ..... maybe there is a well stocked lake in the next life.

Yeah - looking back Chief I reckon that is one of life's frustrations.

What do I do? Well, I subscribe to ' I'm busy doing nothing, working the whole day through - trying to find lots of things not to do' but it just don't work that way .

1. Keeping the wolf from the door.
2. Spending quality time with my wife is a big winner these days.
3. Grandchildren are the big deal, the meaning of life, of a man's existence.
Eleven so far. The grown ones rock my days, the youngest insist on getting me on the trampolines. A big part of every week.
4. Music and sport have always been part of my life, I still maintain a lot of interest in what's happening.

Not enough time for me, things are speeding up these days.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpGRdX5sUAs"]YouTube - ‪Starland Vocal Band - AFTERNOON DELIGHT(1976)‬‏[/ame]

Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight

Well actually, what I like best is baiting the professional authors at Usenet rec.arts.sf.written! Second best is boggling the boobies in alt.alien.visitors, where the tall tales are taller than my tail. In any case : Screw Off, Turn On...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Back