Favourite National Anthem

Which Country has the best National Anthem?

• USA (Star spangled banner)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canada (O Canada)

• Great Britain (God Save the Queen)

• Italy (Inno di Mameli)

• Australia (Advance Australia Fair)

• France (Les Marseilles)

• Other (Please State)

• Total voters
<shrugs> So I was wrong is saying it was ironic, I remember disliking is and I thought it was due to irony. I read quite a few American songs like that since I came here, and didn't enjoy a single one of them. So I'm sorry I said it was ironic.

I'm rather proud of American songs, I like them.

I read the Candian national anthem and I must admit I really love the lyrics, expecially the full version (I don't know how much you usually sing. We usually sing the first stanza) However, I have not been able to find a version with the words sung as well. If anyone comes across one, post it or send me a link. Thanks.

8)

FutureRANGER said:
I'm rather proud of American songs, I like them.

I read the Candian national anthem and I must admit I really love the lyrics, expecially the full version (I don't know how much you usually sing. We usually sing the first stanza) However, I have not been able to find a version with the words sung as well. If anyone comes across one, post it or send me a link. Thanks.

8)

If I can ever find the version I truly adord (you'd be hearing a few in french), I'll send them to you. The lyrics are good for a country at peace. We usually sing it all out. We'll, most Canadians don't sing it, we play it all out however.

The north korean national anthem is the best. Most solem, deep and rich. This again shows third world countries are the best on this type of thing like propagandas. They have the most moving deceitful ideas.

My favorite is the athem of Germany (East). I think they should have taken this song as the German anthem after the reunion because the music AND the lyrics are a thousand times better.

I like the US' first and foremost, then it would have to be the USSR, then my version of God Save the Queen.

American version of God Save the Queen.

My country tis' of thee
Sweet land of liberty
To thee I sing
Land where my fathers died
Land of the Pilgrims Pride
From every mountain top
Let freedom ring.

hehehe :p

Of course they are all good songs and they all do what they are supposed to do, stir up the patriotism of the people of that country, who doesn't feel a bit of pride when they hear their national anthem played at the Olympics?

STAR SPANGLED BANNER

Either America's or Cuba's you know Row Row Row your boat Cuban refugees, if you paddle fast enough you'll make it to the Keys.

Nulli that was funny as hell, did you make that up or did you take it from somewhere else, and the really funny part about it is that it's true.

Gimn Sovetskogo soyuza - The anthem of the Soviet Union
Music: A. V. Aleksandrov
Lyrics: Sergey Vladimirovich Mikhalkov

Same music as the anthem of Russia but different lyrics.
It is so grandiose. Listen to it when the Red Army Choir and Band. Love it.

But still, the Swedish national anthem is very high up in my list of favorite ones.

I think the German one is just plain excellently done. Then again it's no surprise with their great history of oustanding composers.

God save the queen is a get together for English houligans.

The last time the came to Ireland the ripped up the stadium

I like God Save the Queen ;)

Though I think I like the words of the American version better. More reflective of the people.

Personally I voted for Advance Australia Fair, but remember singing God Save The Queen at school before the change.

Back