favorite zombie movies?

Insomniac

~resident nutcase
well, as the title says, what's your fave zombie flick?

mine are:
28 days later & 28 weeks later, pretty decent plotlines, but fair sh!te endings both times

dawn of the dead: pretty awesome, but some major tactical flaws ¬¬
land of the dead: all round good. i really enjoyed that.

I'm a big fan of zombie movies. My personal favorites are:

1) 28 Days Later
2) Dawn of the Dead 2004
3) Dawn of the Dead 1978

Those are definitely the best - everything else is a huge step down from there. Night of the Living Dead gets an honorable mention for being the first zed film I saw. Land of the Dead I hated with a passion, because it was boring, poorly written, and the zombies were getting smart which really ruins the entire premise in my opinion. I don't care if Romero made it, it was so bad I can barely remember it.

Last edited:
I gotta say though the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead is my favorite. Kind of got a message from it. Even in time of crisis, man will figure a way to tear it self apart because of its differences. Such as the feud between african american and the fat man in the cellar.

Shaun of the Dead & Jenna Jameson's first 'straight acting' movie Zombie Strippers..................... :lol: ;)

I saw Dawn of the Dead at a midnight showing when I was a teenager. It must have been in 1980 or 81. Scariest thing I have ever seen. That movie mentally scarred me for life. I swear, to this day, if a kid in blue face makeup came to my door on Halloween, I'd want to put a screwdriver through his head. I managed a store in the mall for a few years and it made me almost sick to have to walk out the back exit hallways or be in the mall after the people had left.

And then 28 Days Later? Now the zombies can run??? Geez... How do you win against that?? Makes me just want to get into the fetal position and never move again...

The night if the living dead series but if you made me choose between them all...Dawn of the Dead! Pure poetry.

Back