Favorite Western ?

Padre

Milforum Chaplain
What is your favorite Western?
Mine is "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" (staring Clint Eastwood)

:cowb: :horsie:

John Wayne in The Searchers.

Wayne was so completely cast against his usual role of everybody's tough but warmhearted hero that you can really see that the man could act, and act well. He got nominated for Oscars for more than a few pictures and won for True Grit (another great western), but it was in The Searchers that we truly see the depth of his ability. We didn't just dislike his character - we hated him! Here's our old hero so full of violence and hatred that he's about to kill his own neice simply because she's been held captive by the Apaches and is now "tainted goods". His struggle to overcome that hatred and answer the call of blood and family is a a masterwork of his craft.

I'll go with The Searchers also.

But Charge. Ethan and Martin were hunting Comanches not Apaches. ;)

I can't pick any one western. I think any John Wayne western or any of the Clint Eastwood directed westerns would be up there as my favorites.

always liked "once upon a time in the west" especially the start

"looks like were one horse short"

"no, you bought two too many"

BANG BANG BANG

8)

Lilla huset på prärien, was a serie though (guess its original title was Little house on the prearie but you never know when Swedes are at it heh) I don't like westerns so that might be why that one is my fav :lol:

I just saw the Magnificent Seven today. It was pretty good. I wouldn't say it's as good as Sergio Leone's Spaghetti Westerns, but it's up there.

Back