Favorite Weapon?

The infamous RPG-7.

Afghan_National_Police_officer_ready_to_fire_an_RPG_round_at_a_training_site.jpg

Sterling SMG
BREN Gun Mark 3
GPMG
Lee Enfield Number 1 Mark 3*
Lee Enfield Number 4 Mk 1/2 or Mk2
SLR L1A1

Last edited:
I carried the SLR in the Territorial Army Reserve before joining the regular army, we were trained in Browning 9mm and SMG. When I got to Northern Ireland, I started off with the SLR, before changing to the SA80. When I went plain clothes on terrorist investigations, I carried a HK53 in a holdall on the passenger seat, and carried my Browning 9mm loaded at all times.

I carried the SLR in the Territorial Army Reserve before joining the regular army, we were trained in Browning 9mm and SMG. When I got to Northern Ireland, I started off with the SLR, before changing to the SA80. When I went plain clothes on terrorist investigations, I carried a HK53 in a holdall on the passenger seat, and carried my Browning 9mm loaded at all times.
The SLR is all they would hand out to Territorials and Cadets here, my biggest issue with it was that being a short arse it was rather bulky which I assume is why it was referred to as the Elephant Gun locally, the Steyr was an easier rifle to carry but it was just horrible in every other aspect.
Given the choice I preferred the GPMG and the rare time they let us play with the Browning 50cal.

Being on weapons intelligence in Northern Ireland, we used to fire seized terrorist weapons on the ranges before they were destroyed, I've fired numerous weapons from around the world, from armalites to AKs.

Back