Favorite War Movie?

I rented the movie Full Metal Jacket first today.. :twisted:

I know, I know guys!

I am a baaaaaaad person.. I will be the judge of this matter if it's good or bad.. :p

Commanding Officer, Home!! 8)

*Get's cocky*

Full Metal Jacket is a great movie!
Lee Ermey as Gunny Hartman rules! 8)

We can get HistoryChannel on cable, but I have to pay extra for that.... :(

And I HistoryChannel.com only delivers to USA and Canada... :?

Yea we get History on Cable or Sattalite over here, but the prices have really gone down over the past couple years. My family gets it only for 3 months, now till March, For Collage Football and Basketball.

i'm glad band of brothers has gotten only good review on here, i'm an hour into the DVD series... i can't watch too much at a time... turns my brain to mush.. can't comprehend that much stuff at once :-D

I got it for x-mas (yes, you are talkin to a 14 year old here :p) and my grandma got it for my cuz whos in kuwait right now.. so yeah.

and i also liked Patton... i thought it was hilarious :roll: because of the timing of everything he said. *great man*

off to watch patton and shine boots

Tora Tora Tora

So much better then "Pearl Harbor". They should make it illigal to watch "Pearl Harbor" before watching "Tora Tora Tora"(or before reading "The Rising Sun"....for that matter).

I have a couple. 1 would be Patton because...well, it's Patton and no matter what anyone says, he was a badass
We Were Soldiers was a good movie, don't know why I really liked it, just do.
Third, is Black Hawk Down. Incredible movie

My fav war movie

I would have to say hands down The Patriot, followed very closely by We Were Soldiers. I have seen lots of other good ones, but I like these the best.

Re: Tora Tora Tora

sherman105 said:
So much better then "Pearl Harbor". They should make it illigal to watch "Pearl Harbor" before watching "Tora Tora Tora"(or before reading "The Rising Sun"....for that matter).

Pearl harbor is a sorry excuse for a real war movie... it is made to be a love story and that sucks ass...

now a good war movie was We were Soldiers

Re: Tora Tora Tora

MunitionsAirman said:
Pearl harbor is a sorry excuse for a real war movie... it is made to be a love story and that sucks ass...
Pretty much. Except you have to admit the scenes of the harbor being blown to pieces were very good. The people who were there said it was exactly like the real thing. The parts about the people trapped in the sinking ships was especially emotional.

Movies I like though, are the beginning of Saving Private Ryan (again accurate!!!) and Tuskegee Airmen. TA isn't a very popular/recent movie but it is one of the best movies. It's about when the Air Force broke the color barrier and allowed black pilots during WWII, and eventually allows them in combat. Another good human relations and war action combined movie.

I really liked Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers - I also liked the Civil War movie Gettysburg, the best Civil War done by far, Gods and Generals was not too good.

Black Hawk Down was enjoyable also.

I liked We Were Soldiers best. Just something to ponder though, Hal Moore was portrayed as great war hero, and the movie was based on the book. The book written by Hal Moore.

Anyhow, great movie. I think I'll go read the book now.

MY Top 10 War Movies:

1. The Beast (1988) - Russian Tank Crew In Afghanistan
2. Patton - DUH, the man was ...PATTON
3. Kelly's Heroes - Donald Sutherland as Odball is worth the whole price of the DVD!
4. Blackhawk Down
5./6. (tie) We Were Soldiers/ Band Of Brothers
7. Full Metal Jacket
8. The Devil's Brigade
9. Enemy At The Gates - Sniper Duel in Stalingrad
10. The Desert Fox

Back