Favorite Type of Music

Xm 8 said:
I listen to country alot, also the 70s rock like the Trashmen and my favorite song is Surfin Bird.

DON'T YOU KNOW ABOUT THE BERD, CUZ EVERYBODY'S TALKIN' ABOUT THE BERD.

Great Song 8) 8) Anything Rock 1964-1988 isn't bad. Not huge on disco.. of course, who is at this point?

Australian Rock = Cold Chisel, AC/DC etc.
Australian Country = Leigh Kernigan
plus a bit of stuff from Gun's N Roses and Bon Jovi

Old style rock'n roll, rockabilly and grunge. Pearl Jam & Brian Setzer being the favorite artists.

The only music I really hate is Britney Spears and the boybands like N'Sync, Backstreet Boys. Oh and Justin Timberlake too. :)

most anything from the New Wave 80s...

the Cars, Echo and the Bunnymen, 'til Tuesday, the Bangles, Thompson Twins, Adam Ant, Romeo Void, Ebn-Ozn, the Cure, Human League, Berlin, Yaz (yazoo for you brits!) Peter Gabriel, Peter Murphy...

i also like rock from the 80s and early 90s. and dont forget Led Zeppelin...

i like blues that are so blue you want to blow your head clean off....

david

I'm rather eclectic when it comes to music. Like many tunes from many genres. Like SFC, I'm fond of jazz and blues, but if I had to pick one it would probably be classical. Didn't care that much for it in my youth but as I got older I found a good deal of appreciation for it. Of course getting to fire cannons in a live performance of Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" certainly helped he he.

Goth-pop (Sisters of Mercy, Mission UK, Incubus/Succubus, etc) and 80s/New Wave.

Actually my tastes coincide with my "glory days" -- approx 1977 to 1987.

And yes, I like disco. My first school dances were to disco. I remember my burgundy velour pullover, my 3-inch heeled boots, and my sterling-silver zodiac neckchain from Consumers Distributing.

Although I have a soft place in my heart for power ballads, given you could actually touch your partner.

Best dance song ever? "Stairway to Heaven". Nine plus minutes of innocent grope.

Boogie-dude J.

Back