Favorite Type of Music

I too like many types of music. If I had to pick one favorite, it would have to be classical. I also like Celtic (including Bagpipes), Rock and Classic Rock among others. Not into Country hip hop or rap...

what do I play or what do I listen to? (Ah hell, it's the same).

Jazz and blues, classic rock with an emphasis on southern rock (Allman bros, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Georgia Satellites, etc.), country music before country music became the crap you hear on the radio. I don't play much jazz on the piano or guitar, but the other stuff gets a lot of attention.

Songs with solid lyrical content, preferably using a large vocabulary and utilizing lots of allusions, similies, and metaphors. Doing so without using profanity is good and easily done. Doing so without profanity or made up words for forced rhymes (mo, flo, ho, etc.) is even better.

Lots of punk and metal fall into this category, from what I have seen. Its easier for me to sing along with classic rock and country, though.

Lots of classical music is ... soothing, for lack of a better word.

Favorite bands, in no particular order, would be:
Rush
Manowar
Dropkick Murphys
Jethro Tull
The Offspring
Iron Maiden
:cheers:

Hard rock - AC/DC. Whole lot of Rosie - It's a long way to the top(if you want to rock and roll) - Gonna be a rock and roll singer -etc.etc.

Bossa Nova, some Jazz, Baroque classics..and then classic rock also. Depends the mood really, I am ecletic.

Back