Favorite subject in school

1. English Literature.
2. Mathematics.
3. Typing (more girls) because there were no computers in my youth.

History. Now remember I am a high school student, and high school will most likely be the last of my education, and I only plan on joining the Army as an enlistedman. So far I've taken World History, Global Issues, and U.S. History, but next year I'm going to take Sociology and Law and Society.

u think

bllrby2104 said:
how can someone like history? I can not stand history.

history is interesting, you just need to study some thing worth it and that has 1000's of yrs of history

Skinny said:
History. Now remember I am a high school student, and high school will most likely be the last of my education, and I only plan on joining the Army as an enlistedman. So far I've taken World History, Global Issues, and U.S. History, but next year I'm going to take Sociology and Law and Society.

do you have any plans for education past high school?

English...or swimming. The military makes us take a 2 hour swimming class every Friday, it's pretty tough but it'll get me in better shape :)

let me think

I liked P.E. cus when the lads wore boxer's under their shorts you could see their........well.......hmmmmmmm do i have to say!!!!

Doody said:
Skinny said:

do you have any plans for education past high school?

No plans.

rotc boy said:
thats the spirit skinny

Yes, I know I should get more education, but I had some rough times the past couple of years, and I am just now getting good grades. I know I can attend a community college, but I just don't think that's for me.

High School:
Algebra
Literature
Trigonometry

College Electronic Engineering;
Alogorithm
Trigonometry
Science
Literature

and some 30 years later could not do a formula to say my butt :lol: :lol: although, I still love to read as long as what I'm reading is in Large Print

At school;
Politics
Modern History
English
Outdoor Education

At university;
International Politics
European History
Civil Law

History, physics and mathematics ('cause it's the language of physics).
I must recognize I appreciate german tuition too. Perhaps I'll like English with my new teachers ;)

A lot of people like history. My history teacher is boring. Can't stand him. I like JROTC. I think one other person said JROTC or something like that.

I studied a girl named Heather alot. Does that count? :twisted:

Seriously, my favorite subjects were:

History (world and US)
Civics (dead as the dodo now)
Biology (practiced all I could he he)
Physics (president of the Physics Club - yeah geekville)
French (like Missileer mentioned about typing - lots and lots of girls)

Oddly enough I hated math in high school. I had really crappy math teachers. I learned to love it when I went to AIT as an EM and was taught 13E FDC math from an old black SFC who actually made math fun. He was from Mississippi though and it was damn hard to understand him. Even the brothers from the Carolinas would scratch their heads at some of the stuff he said. You really had to pay attention. Later I came to think he was pouring it on thick to make us learn better. For years afterwards I would jokingly refer to my steel pot as my "Hemlet".

Well I'll add robots. Great thing to lern about :) and no not those small things that run around on the floor bumping the wall, anyone can make one, and use one. Im talking about the BIG robots :D Ie ABB industrial robots, can lift several 100 kg, raw power. :D

Had a bit of fun with one, although old. We had a table (inside the safty cage) We, 2 persons, couldn't lift it nor drag it as it was a big heavy steal table. So I manuvered the robot to a hook that was fastened in the table, and it picked it up like it was a toothpick and moved it futher away down the track (it ran on tracks simular to a railroad track, but a bit smaller) :lol:

I bet that no one will actually read the above lol

Heather was hotter than a Saturday night special. Almost married her.

No, not the president of geekville. Maybe a resident on the outskirts though. I was a track and baseball star in my school. Played football too though I was only middle of the pack at that. I more or less walked the line between geek and jock.

Back