Favorite Quote(s) - Page 4

July 30th, 2007  
"Retreat? Hell, we just got here." -Captain Williams, USMC, at Battle of Belleau Woods (When the retreating French army urged US Marines to retreat)

"Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?" - Sergeant Major Daly, USMC, at Battle of Belleau Woods. (When they besieged, outnumbered, outgunned, and pinned down)
July 30th, 2007  
"I wont be a rock star, I will be a legend" - Freddie Mercury

"Who does now remember the Armenians?" - Adolf Hitler

"Softball is a very mental sport, you have to fake it till you make it, and throw the fear out every time or else the ball will eat you up"
July 31st, 2007  
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George Patton Jr
August 5th, 2007  
Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human beings. (Near about the first saying I remember my dad teaching me, lol).
Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death. -- Harold Wilson

We think having faith means being convinced God exists in the same way we are convinced a chair exists. People who cannot be completely convinced of God’s existence think faith is impossible for them. Not so. People who doubt can have great faith because faith is something you do, not something you think. In fact, the greater your doubt the more heroic your faith. -- Real Live Preacher

"We cannot replace the Laws of God with the virtues of man."

And on a lighter note, I love these little tid bits for thought:

"Rain makes me wet."

"Global warming is for wimps! BOIL THE EARTH!
August 5th, 2007  
Oh, yeah, "Come and get them." - King Leonidas, Battle of Thermopylae, when the Persian officer told the Spartans and other greeks to lie their arms but the Greeks refused.
August 5th, 2007  
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt

It's a quote I try to live by, but is so hard to follow at times...
August 7th, 2007  
"FREEEEEDOMMMM!" - William Wallace
September 4th, 2007  
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
September 8th, 2008  
"never give up, never surrender"
- Galaxy Quest
March 4th, 2009  
If I studied all my life, I couldn't think up half the number of funny things passed in one session of congress. ~ Will Rogers

The best way to keep your daughter out of hot water is to put some dishes in it. ~ Unknown

When I hear sombody sigh that "life is hard", I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?" ~ Sydney J. Harris