Favorite Quote(s)

from Comedy Central/ Reno 911 "Lasy I can kill you in 33 different ways with this damn Frisbee"-Army Captain. lol

Im not insensitive i just don't care

Im not lazy i just can't be bothered

Fortune favours the bold

Per ardua ad astra

"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who in a moral crisis maintain their neutrality."

Dante Alighieri, Florentine poet & soldier

"Better to be quiet and look like an idiot, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Capt. X
(Cadre CO)

I have been led to believe that the term Parabellum was attached to the 9mm cartridge, as it was not designed as a sporting cartridge, but for military use "For War" hence Parabellum.

“We must be silent before we can listen.
We must listen before we can learn.
We must learn before we can prepare.
We must prepare before we can serve.
We must serve before we can lead.”

- William Arthur Ward

"Retreat? Hell, we just got here." -Captain Williams, USMC, at Battle of Belleau Woods (When the retreating French army urged US Marines to retreat)

"Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?" - Sergeant Major Daly, USMC, at Battle of Belleau Woods. (When they besieged, outnumbered, outgunned, and pinned down)

"I wont be a rock star, I will be a legend" - Freddie Mercury

"Who does now remember the Armenians?" - Adolf Hitler

"Softball is a very mental sport, you have to fake it till you make it, and throw the fear out every time or else the ball will eat you up"

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George Patton Jr

Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human beings. (Near about the first saying I remember my dad teaching me, lol).
Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death. -- Harold Wilson

We think having faith means being convinced God exists in the same way we are convinced a chair exists. People who cannot be completely convinced of God’s existence think faith is impossible for them. Not so. People who doubt can have great faith because faith is something you do, not something you think. In fact, the greater your doubt the more heroic your faith. -- Real Live Preacher

"We cannot replace the Laws of God with the virtues of man."

_____

And on a lighter note, I love these little tid bits for thought:

"Rain makes me wet."

"Global warming is for wimps! BOIL THE EARTH!

Last edited:
Oh, yeah, "Come and get them." - King Leonidas, Battle of Thermopylae, when the Persian officer told the Spartans and other greeks to lie their arms but the Greeks refused.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt

It's a quote I try to live by, but is so hard to follow at times...:crybaby:

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

If I studied all my life, I couldn't think up half the number of funny things passed in one session of congress. ~ Will Rogers

The best way to keep your daughter out of hot water is to put some dishes in it. ~ Unknown

When I hear sombody sigh that "life is hard", I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?" ~ Sydney J. Harris

Back