Favorite Opera Language

silent driller

Here's an oddball for you guys that watch or listen to operas. I've only recently gotten seriously into opera and I've decided I like Italian operas. I like Italian as a language to begin with and it just seems to go so well in music, especially opera.

Many of the most popular Operas known in the world are sung in Italian. For example internationally famed Italian Composer Giuseppe Fortunino Francesco Verdi's "Oberto, Conte di San Bonifacio" is known to every person who loves Classical Music. Or even perhaps Amadeus Mozart's "Don Giovanni" is more even more popular. Regardless which one is well famed, both are done by Italian Librettists.

But I rather prefer Richard Wagner, who have successfully implied numerous techniques which revolutionized Orchestration and Music Composition on an facsinating level.

silent driller said:
Here's an oddball for you guys that watch or listen to operas. I've only recently gotten seriously into opera and I've decided I like Italian operas. I like Italian as a language to begin with and it just seems to go so well in music, especially opera.

Okay, I put a gold star next to your name in my notes. :shock: :lol:

italian or french (well i speak french, so if they sing in french i'm actually able to understand it lol)

Back