Favorite Opera Language

--
Boots

June 8th, 2005  
silent driller

Topic: Favorite Opera Language

Here's an oddball for you guys that watch or listen to operas. I've only recently gotten seriously into opera and I've decided I like Italian operas. I like Italian as a language to begin with and it just seems to go so well in music, especially opera.
June 8th, 2005  
CABAL

Many of the most popular Operas known in the world are sung in Italian. For example internationally famed Italian Composer Giuseppe Fortunino Francesco Verdi's "Oberto, Conte di San Bonifacio" is known to every person who loves Classical Music. Or even perhaps Amadeus Mozart's "Don Giovanni" is more even more popular. Regardless which one is well famed, both are done by Italian Librettists.

But I rather prefer Richard Wagner, who have successfully implied numerous techniques which revolutionized Orchestration and Music Composition on an facsinating level.
June 9th, 2005  
Darcia

I enjoy French and Spanish ones,however Italian ones are also okay.
--
Boots
June 9th, 2005  
AussieNick

Sign language
June 10th, 2005  
Molly Pitcher

Topic: Re: Favorite Opera Language

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
Here's an oddball for you guys that watch or listen to operas. I've only recently gotten seriously into opera and I've decided I like Italian operas. I like Italian as a language to begin with and it just seems to go so well in music, especially opera.
Okay, I put a gold star next to your name in my notes.
June 27th, 2005  
ChrissyJean725

Italian, definitely Italian. As a singer myself, I prefer to sing in Italian too.
August 16th, 2005  
Kina

italian or french (well i speak french, so if they sing in french i'm actually able to understand it lol)
September 24th, 2005  
Padre

Can't beat an Italian Opera with Australian accents