Favorite Motorcycle

Favorite pocket rocket?

• Total voters

egoz

I didn't want to get side tracked in the Fav Car thread, so here it is. What's your favorite croch rocket?

mv_hr.jpg

not to influence your decision, but isn't she a beauty?

Ah I was thinking of starting a thread along these lines.

Really it is a horrible question to have to decide. I love them all :D

I'd have to give you a bit of a list; MV Agusta F4 SPR, Ducati 996R, Aprilia Mille R, Yamaha YZFR1 '04, and maybe if I had to pick a naked bike I'd say an Aprilia Tuono R.

I only have 2 Honda CBR250RR's, so I need to upgrade to something big ASAP :( [/img]

AussieNick said:
I only have 2 Honda CBR250RR's, so I need to upgrade to something big ASAP :(

i've found that a small 2 stroke bike could be just as fun as a big 4 stroke. shifting the hell out of the bike and reving to the limiter is fun. probably not so good for the bike, but it gets you a lot of practice in. i'm talking about the aprilia RS50 btw. That is a fun starter bike, no denying that.

Yeah but I'm 6 foot 3, so a 250 just isn't cutting the mustard anymore, I look like a gorilla trying to ride a football. But yeah, riding a 250 at 18,000 RPM through the hills a hoot :D

I have a couple pics of my old bike. The red one is the R6, the dark purple looking one is the R1. The R1 is my friend's bike. It got toasted though when some guy hit him from behind on the freeway doing 70mph. 2 months of rehab and he's back and riding again....
R6
R1

egoz said:
I have a couple pics of my old bike. The red one is the R6, the dark purple looking one is the R1. The R1 is my friend's bike. It got toasted though when some guy hit him from behind on the freeway doing 70mph. 2 months of rehab and he's back and riding again....
R6
R1

Speaking about R1's. There was a guy driving an R1 here in my hometown who filmed himself doing it. He spread it to the internet afterwards. It was pretty weird watching him go 270 kph where I drive with my VW almost daily. Fortunately he was so stupid that he didn't edit out the license plates of the cars and they catched him in the end.

They had a vid like that on TV. But the guy was driving a Ferrari F40 and he was flying down some road. The commentator said that the cops bought a video he was selling on the street and arrested him later. But I've seen a lot worst without the editing. I think it's just a matter of the willingness of the cops to go after someone.

egoz said:
They had a vid like that on TV. But the guy was driving a Ferrari F40 and he was flying down some road. The commentator said that the cops bought a video he was selling on the street and arrested him later. But I've seen a lot worst without the editing. I think it's just a matter of the willingness of the cops to go after someone.

There's another guy who did that with a go cart...imagine going down small skinny streets @ 70 MPH an inch off the ground

pimp_squeak said:
There's another guy who did that with a go cart...imagine going down small skinny streets @ 70 MPH an inch off the ground
heheh, i used to do that, well minus the small skinny streets. i raced a 125cc shifter when i was younger. geared right we could get up to 125mph or so, and could do 0-100-0 in something like 7 sec. :visor:

Forget the posermobiles, give me something that's practical and can be ridden hard and put away wet.

Honda XL 600 Road/Trail (Chook Chaser).

Mine's nearly 20 years old and has more than enough power to scare the bejesus out of me.

I enjoy the feel of the HD Sporty! I don't know about riding hard and putting away wet... never did sound all that great of an idea to me... but back on the subject, I have more miles on the Sporty in the last 5 years than my hubby. It's a great ride, and I haven't tried to top her out, but he says she does well over 100...

My last bike was a BMW R65, which the main agents coverted to an RS. Lovely bike, smooth ride but a very clunky gearbox and only managed 120 mph. I'd love to get hold of the new Triumph Bonnie.

Last edited:
Crotch-rockets ... booooooo ...

A lot of you guys appear to like crotch-rocket motorcycles ... I don't.

The bike(s) I like, are the old 1940-1950, light tinted - Kelly Green, Indian Chief road-cruisers, that have the right-side gear shift 'lever' {not the foot shifter} .. a large two passenger saddle seat, leather saddle bags, custom roll-bars and other custom addons.

Maybe one of the reasons, is the fact that the very first motorcycle I ever had a chance to ride on, was my uncle's "Old Calija". My nephew inherited the bike when my uncle died .. he completely restored it to 100% original with EVERY part being original with NO 'machine shop produced parts' and has won virtually every show he has entered it in. He still has the original sales slip and title (that he uses as part of the display). According to the experts, there are only 6 of these bikes still in existence and my nephew owns two of them ... Calija and one basket case that he used for 'original' restoration parts.

My nephew very seldom puts the cycle on the road any more ... he has been offered in excess of a $100,000 dollars and doesn't want to take the chance that something happens to it. He stores it and transports it to shows in a custom trailer that was built specifically for the bike.

My uncle has to be spinning in his grave, knowing the bike he bought for so little, is now worth over $100,000 dollars - I guess the wee people would be adding their laughter to "Casey's" {my 'Irish' uncle}.

I had a look at one of the Royal Enfield 500 Bullets built in India. I must admit I was highly impressed, they are exactly the same as the old Royal Enfields built in UK years ago, my dad had the smaller 350 Bullet. I love the sound of the old big single cylinder thumpers. Now that what a bike should sound like.

A lot of you guys appear to like crotch-rocket motorcycles ... I don't.

The bike(s) I like, are the old 1940-1950, light tinted - Kelly Green, Indian Chief road-cruisers, that have the right-side gear shift 'lever' {not the foot shifter} .. a large two passenger saddle seat, leather saddle bags, custom roll-bars and other custom addons.

Maybe one of the reasons, is the fact that the very first motorcycle I ever had a chance to ride on, was my uncle's "Old Calija". My nephew inherited the bike when my uncle died .. he completely restored it to 100% original with EVERY part being original with NO 'machine shop produced parts' and has won virtually every show he has entered it in. He still has the original sales slip and title (that he uses as part of the display). According to the experts, there are only 6 of these bikes still in existence and my nephew owns two of them ... Calija and one basket case that he used for 'original' restoration parts..

There is nothing quite like restoring an old classic back to pristine condition.

Last edited:
Back