Favorite Modern Military Aircraft

--
Boots

May 20th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Topic: Favorite Modern Military Aircraft

Fairly straightforward. Just post your favorite modern (Vietnam era to Present) military aircraft is.

Mine would have to be the CF-18A Hornet.
May 20th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Well

Mirage IIICJ
May 20th, 2004  
Redneck

M1A2SEP Abrams....................oh, wait......

Seriously though, I'd have to say the AH1W Supercobra, the AH1 series has been around since 1966, the AH1W variant since 1983, and it's still going strong, there is supposed to be development of a AH1Z in the works, but that's going to be the last variant. You know, what with running out of letters and all.
--
Boots
May 20th, 2004  
Nero

For jet, I think the F-14 is the best. And for chopper, the Commanche is one cool lookin babe...

F-14 fly by...

And a pic of the Commanche
May 20th, 2004  
AlexKall

To bad they closed the commanche project.

JAS 39 Gripen:

http://gripen.tripod.com.ar/foto1.jpg
May 20th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Aw crap, I forgot about helicopters.

I'd say my fav chopper is....the AH-64 Apache. No particular reason, it's just an amazing helicopter.
May 21st, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I personally like the B-52.

Modern... hm... The F-22 Raptor looks nice Seriously though, that thing just looks like it could kick POOF. I say this show about it and at the end I was just... wow...

Choppers? Blackhawk. Its so tough, takes a lightning bolt to knock it out of the sky.
May 21st, 2004  
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck

Well, given a decent sized dune, and a good start, she can fly. The landing won't be too pretty, but she can fly.
May 21st, 2004  
Mark Conley

My favorite modern aircraft? Well, when they experimentally put a chain gun on an osprey...it got me feeling good!

Got to be that V-22 Osprey

http://pma275.navair.navy.mil/

Heres the lowdown on one of the meanest tilt rotors around (as soon as they work the bugs out of it.... )
May 21st, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck

Well, given a decent sized dune, and a good start, she can fly. The landing won't be too pretty, but she can fly.
I've seen a few pictures of that, always seemed like it would be a bonecrushing experience for the crew.