Favorite Military Equipment

I've never used military equipment.

But I can almost say with 100% certainty - that it would be a rifle. Bolt action large caliber rifle.

Ghillie suits rock, or as we call them here in Australia, a yowie suit. It took me bloody ages to make mine.

But I'd have to say a F.R.E.D.... (Field Ration Eating Device, or F :cen: G Ridiculous Eating Device)

That is the little can opener you get in the ration pack, they are fantastic.

Yeah your right Nick but other than that it still is a top bit if kit. Put it this way the yanks love them and would give their right arm for one.

my Kabar

M1911A1

100 mile hour tape

Privates, 2nd lts, and/or Cadets any of which are worth hours of fun sending out looking for bottles of squelch juice, left handed cresent wrenchs and boxes of grid squares.

Armychef said:
Privates, 2nd lts, and/or Cadets any of which are worth hours of fun sending out looking for bottles of squelch juice, left handed cresent wrenchs and boxes of grid squares.

... and chem light batteries.

RnderSafe said:
Armychef said:

... and chem light batteries.

...and having them drive to Cherry Point to pickup some flight line.

Don't forget the box of quadrants, RndrSafe, or changing winter air for summer air in tires, and as I mentioned elsewhere, the cannon report.

My fav would be the Crusader if it was ever deployed, of those artillery pieces that I've worked with I've found the M109 series superior to the M110 series, Gunner - despite it's smaller projo. For that matter I've kicked the most rounds into the air with the M102 105 mm.

For non-artillery pieces, I liked the gamma goat (yer a REAL old timer if you remember that beastie). Was wicked fun to drive.

M249 Squad Automatic Weapon.

Charge 7 I remember the Gamma Goat. I also remember Pvt.'s searching
in vain for hay to feed said Goat.

weapons?

right lets see....................I'd go with the "goalkeeper" or the usual old GPMG..............but if i'm in a mood, I'm going for the good old 20mm.

You'd be familiar with at least two of those..........but they are all on ship.

But if i want a beast i'm going for the 4.5 gun or the seawolf

03USMC "I remember the Gamma Goat. I also remember Pvt.'s searching
in vain for hay to feed said Goat."

LOL! :lol:

Back