favorite military book

Werwolf - Winke für Jagdeinheiten by ??? (There's no name given)

It's a german WW II small warfare manual originally published in January 1945.

I pretty much like any of the Vietnam era books especially the ones about small uit experiences such as LRRPS teams and recon.

We Were Soldiers Once...and Young - Joe Galloway and Lt Gen.(ret.) Hal Moore

Black Hawk Down - Mark Bowden

Hiho folks, i like Tom Clancy. I had readded 4 books written by him and they where all great. Now i´m reading " Red Storm Rising". I´m now in the middle of the book and it´s the best one i´ve readded from him. It´s very very good.

Greetz Joker

Joker said:
Hiho folks, i like Tom Clancy. I had readded 4 books written by him and they where all great. Now i´m reading " Red Storm Rising". I´m now in the middle of the book and it´s the best one i´ve readded from him. It´s very very good.

Greetz Joker

Tom Clancy is a great author, I haven't read much of his new books but I adore his Jack Ryan series - my favorite is Executive Order. O_O. Kinda scary. Tom Clancy, he's a smart fella. He has 3 or 4 games: Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell. Now he's doing semi-autobiographical books with Generals etc.

"Red Strom Rising" isn´t a new one. It´s written in 1983/84. It´s about russia is trying to overtake NATO territory :horsie: to get new oilfields.

Greetz Joker

Would have to say Band of Brothers or the novels during WWII produced by WWII Library(There autobiographs during wartime of men on both sides.)

A series of books written by Donald Zlotnik. Each book is a personnal story concerning the nations highest military honors. I.E. Medal of Honor, DSC, Silver Star, Bronze Star...etc I haven't read them in a while because they are hard to find anymore, but they are all true and great reading. Makes me really think what these men went through in times when their country needed them!

Katanga, Svensk FN-trupp i Kongo 1961-62
(Katanga, Swedish UN troops in Congo 1961-62) by Jonas Waern

Unfortunately (for all English speaking persons) it is written in Swedish

"They called it Passchendaele"

This is the story of the third battle of Ypres (written by Lyn Macdonald - ISBN 0-14-016509-6)

I can't choose.
Stalingrad and Berlin By Anthony Beevor.
One Crowded Hour by Tim Bowden.
Once A Warrior King By David Donovan.
And now a new favourite, My Anastacia By Michael Page (thats my grandfather, its about the first world war in Russia. It's his 13th publication with this particular publisher)

Back