--
Boots

November 13th, 2004  
03USMC

Flyboys by Bradley
Flag of our Fathers by Bradley
November 17th, 2004  
Doc.S

ROMMEL and his Art of War by Field Marshal Erwin Rommel edited by Dr John Pimlott is the best book I have read about this

Cheers:
Doc.S
November 18th, 2004  
LeatherNeckRVA

I just read a great military book(IMO) called Generation Kill it's about the first recon marines and their path through iraq, it was written by a reporter embedded with them and has some really good dialogue between the marines, I highly reccomend it.
--
Boots
November 18th, 2004  
Skinny

"Blood on the Risers" - John Leppelman

It's a soldier's memoir about his three tours in Vietnam. He was a paratrooper in the 173d Airborne Brigade, an Army Seaman on an LCU during the battle of Hue, and a LERP.
November 18th, 2004  
LeatherNeckRVA

that sounds awesome, I'm really facinated by recon units, so I'll have to check that out. (btw, its LRRP )
November 24th, 2004  
DTop

For a WWII genre book I enjoyed the book called "If You Survive" by George Wilson. It covers an the time period from Normandy to the Battle of the Bulge to the end of WWII and is a true story of an American Infantry officer of the 4th Infantry Division. Anyone else had the chance to read this book?
November 24th, 2004  
pattheoneuk

Nothing Less Than Victory By Russel Miller

In a nut shell it is a collection of diary entries from soldiers taking part in D-Day. its an amazing read.. i would suggest it to anyone who likes reading up on the WW's
November 24th, 2004  
panzer

I really enjoyed Lost Victories, By fieldmarshall Manstein.

A must read for anyone that enjoys material about the Ostfront.
November 25th, 2004  
LIPS

Mine would have to be Bravo Two Zero. With all the yahoo that went on about the book and who was telling the truth and so on the book still makes for a very good read.
November 26th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott.moore
Mine would have to be Bravo Two Zero. With all the yahoo that went on about the book and who was telling the truth and so on the book still makes for a very good read.
the one by micheal asher or by chris ryan or andy mcnab?