favorite military book

ROMMEL and his Art of War by Field Marshal Erwin Rommel edited by Dr John Pimlott is the best book I have read about this :D

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

I just read a great military book(IMO) called Generation Kill it's about the first recon marines and their path through iraq, it was written by a reporter embedded with them and has some really good dialogue between the marines, I highly reccomend it.

"Blood on the Risers" - John Leppelman

It's a soldier's memoir about his three tours in Vietnam. He was a paratrooper in the 173d Airborne Brigade, an Army Seaman on an LCU during the battle of Hue, and a LERP.

For a WWII genre book I enjoyed the book called "If You Survive" by George Wilson. It covers an the time period from Normandy to the Battle of the Bulge to the end of WWII and is a true story of an American Infantry officer of the 4th Infantry Division. Anyone else had the chance to read this book?

Nothing Less Than Victory By Russel Miller

In a nut shell it is a collection of diary entries from soldiers taking part in D-Day. its an amazing read.. i would suggest it to anyone who likes reading up on the WW's

I really enjoyed Lost Victories, By fieldmarshall Manstein.

A must read for anyone that enjoys material about the Ostfront.

Mine would have to be Bravo Two Zero. With all the yahoo that went on about the book and who was telling the truth and so on the book still makes for a very good read.

scott.moore said:
Mine would have to be Bravo Two Zero. With all the yahoo that went on about the book and who was telling the truth and so on the book still makes for a very good read.
the one by micheal asher or by chris ryan or andy mcnab?

devilwasp said:
scott.moore said:
the one by micheal asher or by chris ryan or andy mcnab?

BY Andy Mcnab of course.

CrazyCadet142 said:
New Fav: Flyboys - James Bradley..

Thats an outstanding book. Have you by chance read Flag of our Fathers also by Bradley? If not it is also and outstanding book.

Jason Bourne said:
Lods of Discpline, i love that one cadet girl, seen the movie yet it rules

Will you tell me what that's about? I've tried to get into it, but I can't seem to get past the first page...

"Вторая мировая война"

or

"Восточные добровольцы в вермахте, полиции и СС"

Back