Favorite Military Aircraft.....

helo's

but i gotta say as a change of subject......................helo's

i still think sea king is a good helo obv. for its reasons of under water warfare capasity..............

but looking at us military i like the black hawk and the apache wouldn't go a miss lol

Re: helo's

Anya1982 said:
but i gotta say as a change of subject......................helo's

i still think sea king is a good helo obv. for its reasons of under water warfare capasity..............

but looking at us military i like the black hawk and the apache wouldn't go a miss lol
Black hawks sucks!
seriosly man the navy one sinks in seconds and the sea stallion does as well.
the sea king is great though.
the huey is still good , how the hell can that thing STILL be in service?
that thing must get a medal for service or something.
the apache is nice.
i like the KA-50

SR-71, it was the reason I wanted to be a pilot, and become an astronaut. But the P-51 is another great plane that I love. Um, for a modern aircraft then I'd say the F22, just because it still has that new plane smell.
Helo wise, AH-1 (my dad was a crew member) or the AH-64.

How does the UH-60 suck? It has one of the best safety records for helos ever. Sikorsky would be proud. I have no clue why the UH-1 is still in service. It's so loud and big and easy to shoot. But then again, you could ask why the B52 is still in service and I'd have the same response.

ok

I just like the black hawk cus it looks sexy with all those men hanging out of it...............yummy..............

merlin is ok, not had a chance to work with it but that thing is like a light weight helo lol

EuroFighter Typhoon , JSF

They just plain out cool

F-22 Raptor

Names Cool

F-117

Only Bomber named as a fighter to get fighter pilots to fly it.

B-2

Have you looked at it latly?

B-52

It will have over 100 years of service when it is retired in 2050.

egoz said:
How does the UH-60 suck? It has one of the best safety records for helos ever.
it sinks like a bloody brick!
tanks float better!
Sikorsky would be proud.
its cheap and easy to produce
I have no clue why the UH-1 is still in service. It's so loud and big and easy to shoot. But then again, you could ask why the B52 is still in service and I'd have the same response.
mabye its reliable?

devilwasp said:
it sinks like a bloody brick!
tanks float better!
Well it is a helicopter, I don't remember it's ability to float being high on the priority list when putting a helo together. Does the UH-1 have a better ability to float?

The UH-1 was hastily put together because of the war. It's a great helo and all, but it's design had flaws. First off, it was extremely whide and made an easy target. The Blackhawk is the replacement for it and I think it was an extremely well developed aircraft. It's a lot faster, quieter, more reliable, and a hell of a lot safer. Not to mention it has a smaller radar return signature, cross sectional area, better lift capability, range, passenger space, the list goes on. I don't see how it's ability to float could over ride all of the improvements over the Huey.

egoz said:
Well it is a helicopter, I don't remember it's ability to float being high on the priority list when putting a helo together. Does the UH-1 have a better ability to float?

The UH-1 was hastily put together because of the war. It's a great helo and all, but it's design had flaws. First off, it was extremely whide and made an easy target. The Blackhawk is the replacement for it and I think it was an extremely well developed aircraft. It's a lot faster, quieter, more reliable, and a h**l of a lot safer. Not to mention it has a smaller radar return signature, cross sectional area, better lift capability, range, passenger space, the list goes on. I don't see how it's ability to float could over ride all of the improvements over the Huey.
i was talking about how it sucks as a navy chopper.
the Huey i dunno why its still there like, i dont see it as better its over 30 years aint it?

devilwasp said:
the Huey i dunno why its still there like, i dont see it as better its over 30 years aint it?
they've been phasing it out recently. i believe there are less than 100 active duty hueys left in the army. there are something like 50 in the ANG. within the next couple of years they will all be gone.

A-10 Warthog You can not virtually kill that plane. I know it slow it not a fast burner like a F-16. But it put the SOT (Steel on Target) under the worst conditions.

Back