Favorite John Wayne Movie

Skinny

What is your favorite movie that John Wayne was in? If you have one. I know a lot of people don't watch old western/war flicks, but there's gotta be some people here that do.

The Searchers. One of the best non-italo westerns ever. In fact most of his westerns are great.

Dukes warmovies are bad because they were made during the Hays-code era. You couldn't show US-soldiers dying and they weren't very realistic. The depiction of Germans was also ridiculous.

Skinny said:
What is your favorite movie that John Wayne was in? If you have one. I know a lot of people don't watch old western/war flicks, but there's gotta be some people here that do.

Damn straight, hoss! As of now, I'd have to say Sands of Iwo Jima. And it's the first time I ever saw him die in a movie. I forget the name of the other movie(that he died in), but it was a western where he led a bunch of kids across the plain on a cattle drive. The bad guys shot him to pieces in that one!

Favourite John Wayne Movies

I like all of his post BW mass churned out westerns.
Favourites are The Searchers and Horse Soldiers then the Alamo.

The Green Berets and Brannigan were very disapointing.

"The Searchers" is my favorite. Finest Western ever made IMO. He got criticism for his acting abilities though he did win an Academy Award ("The Shootist" a fine flick) and was nominated for another ("The Quiet Man" all Celts love that one - me included). "The Searchers" though showed that the Duke could really act. He was totally out of his usual charactor in that and pulled it off to perfection.

Sands of Iwo Jima..."My names Stryker, Sergeant John M. Stryker"

The John Ford Cavelry Trilogoy.

The Horse Soliders

The Searchers

I hated The Green Berets ....Don't know why.

D_Plus_One said:
I liked "The Longest Day" the best. Great cast, great story, great movie.

Must agree with D_Plus_One if your looking for a classic than this is it.

Back