Favorite hand to hand combat scene(s)

--

September 23rd, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Topic: Favorite hand to hand combat scene(s)

For me, there is nothing like watching a bunch of warriors in a movie engage eachother with their bare hands, knives, bayonettes, battle axes, swords, rocks, the butt of ones weapon ect ect ect.

So what is your favorite hand to hand combat scene in a movie?

I like Mel Gibson's ambush of the Redcoats in the Patriot. My all time favorite has to be the ones in the Last of the Mohicans.
September 23rd, 2005  
Redleg

I'll bite your legs off....

Hmm.
Bruce Lee's got some great moves in most of his movies.
And the battle of Helms Deep and Minas Tirith in the Lord of the Rings Triology also got a few nice scenes.. 8)

Can't remember any great hand-to-hand combat scenes in any military related movies right now..
I'll see if I can come up with some good ones later.
September 23rd, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

the rabbit is champion!!!
--
September 23rd, 2005  
ghost457

hmm the scene in the Patriot is great. but most of the movies i like dont really have actual hand to hand combat scenes. oh yeah, the scenes in the Rock are pretty good.
November 4th, 2005  
bulldogg

The first clash of armies in Braveheart and the ambush near the creek where he rescues his boy in the Patriot are good.

For modern warfare the night their position gets overrun by the VC and NVA in Platoon. The chaos and mayhem and insanity of it all.
November 5th, 2005  
Fox

Topic: Re: Favorite hand to hand combat scene(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
For me, there is nothing like watching a bunch of warriors in a movie engage eachother with their bare hands, knives, bayonettes, battle axes, swords, rocks, the butt of ones weapon ect ect ect.

So what is your favorite hand to hand combat scene in a movie?

I like Mel Gibson's ambush of the Redcoats in the Patriot. My all time favorite has to be the ones in the Last of the Mohicans.
Same here! I like that ambush. What a brilliant tactic!