Favorite Factory Service Rifle.

--

August 16th, 2011  
Yossarian

Topic: Favorite Factory Service Rifle.

Simple thread Idea.

You can pick one service rifle from any era, not a LSW, or shotgun, or SMG, or GPMG, or light anti tank rifle, ect.

A service rifle only, only two criteria apply.

It must have been or is in service with a governmental armed service somewhere on the globe. Not still in a testing stage for weapons, or still on caught up in a political budget debate on if a contract will be bought or not, or exclusive to the private sector.

Lastly your service rifle must be FACTORY, as is, as if you still can smell the packaging as you pick it up out of the crate.

Means no asccessories, no aftermarket gear on it, just as is from production.

Except for a simple sling, cause sometimes you just gotta have a sling.

Other than that, go to town.

Yo,
August 16th, 2011  
A Can of Man

K2.
Basically what I used.
August 16th, 2011  
Spartan613

L1A1 SLR made by Small Arms Factory Lithgow (with the Vietnam era triangular foregrip).
--
August 16th, 2011  
Yossarian

Always had a high degree of admiration for that weapon, and that was one of the rifles I had in mind when I posted this thread.
August 16th, 2011  
lolwhassup

Vietnam era M14?
August 17th, 2011  
5.56X45mm

Hmmmm.... from the factory case? I lugged a rubber duck and later a M16A2 in Basic. Then was issued a Colt M4 and later scrounged and got my grubby paws on a Colt Commando. Out of them all I'd say I fell in love with the M4 Carbine. Light, handy, compact to a degree, and had pretty good ballistics.

Now if I was the ruler of my own private country.... Beretta BM-59s for everyone!
August 17th, 2011  
A Can of Man

No way man. Why would I want the citizenry to have firearms? I am fully aware of just how unpopular I'll become lol
August 17th, 2011  
42RM

I've always liked the HK G3
August 17th, 2011  
KV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM
I've always liked the HK G3

Ditto

KV.
August 17th, 2011  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
Hmmmm.... from the factory case? I lugged a rubber duck and later a M16A2 in Basic. Then was issued a Colt M4 and later scrounged and got my grubby paws on a Colt Commando. Out of them all I'd say I fell in love with the M4 Carbine. Light, handy, compact to a degree, and had pretty good ballistics.

Now if I was the ruler of my own private country.... Beretta BM-59s for everyone!

Did the barrel length affect ranged perfomrance or is it identical to the A2 assembly?