Favorite Factory Service Rifle.

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
Simple thread Idea.

You can pick one service rifle from any era, not a LSW, or shotgun, or SMG, or GPMG, or light anti tank rifle, ect.

A service rifle only, only two criteria apply.

It must have been or is in service with a governmental armed service somewhere on the globe. Not still in a testing stage for weapons, or still on caught up in a political budget debate on if a contract will be bought or not, or exclusive to the private sector.

Lastly your service rifle must be FACTORY, as is, as if you still can smell the packaging as you pick it up out of the crate.

Means no asccessories, no aftermarket gear on it, just as is from production.

Except for a simple sling, cause sometimes you just gotta have a sling.

Other than that, go to town.

Yo,

Always had a high degree of admiration for that weapon, and that was one of the rifles I had in mind when I posted this thread.

Hmmmm.... from the factory case? I lugged a rubber duck and later a M16A2 in Basic. Then was issued a Colt M4 and later scrounged and got my grubby paws on a Colt Commando. Out of them all I'd say I fell in love with the M4 Carbine. Light, handy, compact to a degree, and had pretty good ballistics.

Now if I was the ruler of my own private country.... Beretta BM-59s for everyone!

No way man. Why would I want the citizenry to have firearms? I am fully aware of just how unpopular I'll become lol

Hmmmm.... from the factory case? I lugged a rubber duck and later a M16A2 in Basic. Then was issued a Colt M4 and later scrounged and got my grubby paws on a Colt Commando. Out of them all I'd say I fell in love with the M4 Carbine. Light, handy, compact to a degree, and had pretty good ballistics.

Now if I was the ruler of my own private country.... Beretta BM-59s for everyone!

Did the barrel length affect ranged perfomrance or is it identical to the A2 assembly?

I´d shoot anything aslong as I could attach an ACOG to it..

Weaponwise I´ll put my vote on the HK416 if I had to carry it around.
G36C coming in on a close second.
That´s for all you 7.62 fags. :shock:

For stationairy work, I´d go with the AG90 B..Just sayin´.
No better way to deliver bad news then from 1 klick away..:lol:

KJ sends..

Did the barrel length affect ranged perfomrance or is it identical to the A2 assembly?

The length of barrel does have an effect on terminal ballistics with the standard M855 (SS109 NATO). The shorter the length of the barrel the shorter distance that the round will have to break apart when it strikes a soft target. Anything after that magical number means that you're punching .22 caliber holes in folks. What makes a round kill or injure is the transference of energy during impact. When the round strikes and stops within the body all of that energy goes somewhere. It cause organs and blood vessels to rupture, causes a temporary wound cavity and a permanent wound cavity. This leads to blood loss and loss of oxygen, which in turns causes death and or incapacitates the enemy and he/she can no longer fight.

But with modern urban combat (except for some remote parts of Afghanistan), the M4 and the M855 is doing the job. If we could use something like Hornady Tap 75gr JHP; then the M4 would be kicking arse and taking names.

Love the M4. Haven't touched a M16 since sand hill. I'm obviously biased but it has always seemed perfect for what I needed it to do. Doing MOUT with something the length of a M16 is cumbersome and consuming.

Back