Boots

September 20th, 2004  
Sooners1

Tommy Lee - Motley Crue
September 21st, 2004  
Darkmb101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
are you joking??? O man you're....no wait, I'll control myself. Besides, EVERYONE plays guitar.
My definitions of both

Guitar: an instrument played by most people, its teh simplist of string instruments

Drum: an instrument played by percussionists in tempo with the conductor

8)

DRUMMER: a person banging on a drum in the garage also known as "dummers" by more musically incline persons.
September 21st, 2004  
peacekeeper

Haha.. I have always thought that a drummer is a person that hang out with musiscians.
--
Boots
November 27th, 2004  
ltdave

well buddy rich is a damned good drummer. although i must admit hes a dick. i was at a music camp (many moons ago) and he was playing or demonstrating something (been a LONG time) and when he didnt get the response he thought he should have, he flipped us all off...

other than that, i like Neil Peart of Rush. the man has a PhD in philosophy, writes most of the lyrics AND music and plays nearly EVERY percussion instrument known to man. i only say nearly because i DONT KNOW if he plays piano...

echo was pretty good too. for a machine. of Echo and the bunnymen HA HA HA...

david
November 28th, 2004  
Gorfour20

Carter Beuford-Dave Matthews Band
November 28th, 2004  
peacekeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdave
well buddy rich is a damned good drummer...
...i like Neil Peart of Rush. the man has a PhD in philosophy, writes most of the lyrics AND music and plays nearly EVERY percussion instrument known to man. i only say nearly because i DONT KNOW if he plays piano...
david
I didn't know that the piano was one of the instruments that belongs to the percussion section...
December 3rd, 2004  
lewis9119

i am the best drummer in here.
December 3rd, 2004  
ltdave

electric piano or organ isnt but a true piano ispart of the percussion family because as you push on a key, there is a part (hammer) that STRIKES a string to produce a note...

its a technicality but...

david