favorite drill movement

Being with CAP Honor Guard I would have to say

Peace Frogs
Marine Toss Out
15 Count Manual Spin Arms

Glad to explain any just ask

The 'La croix' or as some people call it 'The Iron Cross'

If you don't know what it is, I'll explain. Just ask.

Trevor said:
NCdt Steliga said:

Care to explain?

Alright. The 'La Criox' is a silent drill maneuver consisting of two different turns on the march. The left and about turn. The maneuver itself is done by:

1. March x number of paces
2. Perform an about turn
3. Take one check pace
4. Perform a left turn
5. Take one check pace
6. About turn
7. Check pace
8. Left turn....blah blah blah

You do this until one of the left turns brings you to face the opposite direction in which you were facing to begin with.

NCdt Steliga said:
Trevor said:
NCdt Steliga said:

Care to explain?

Alright. The 'La Criox' is a silent drill maneuver consisting of two different turns on the march. The left and about turn. The maneuver itself is done by:

1. March x number of paces
2. Perform an about turn
3. Take one check pace
4. Perform a left turn
5. Take one check pace
6. About turn
7. Check pace
8. Left turn....blah blah blah

You do this until one of the left turns brings you to face the opposite direction in which you were facing to begin with.

O, right. It's a presicion drill movement if I'm not mistaken? The last time I was on the drill team was my frist year.

Trevor said:
O, right. It's a presicion drill movement if I'm not mistaken? The last time I was on the drill team was my frist year.

Yup. It's a precision movement. Done right, it looks really impressive.

NCdt Steliga said:

I would like to do that for my drill team's drill routine. COuld you explain how it's done and the timings please?

Darkmb101 said:
Caffeine said:
Fall Out :lol:

Thats definately the best :D

Yes it is. During my time on active duty, I had the pleasure of having 1SG's who talked forever. Those guys averaged about 30 minutes of needless talk at the final formation. The record was 50 minutes. My platoon wanted to get snicker bars and start eating them during one of the long speeches. We didn't cuz that would go a bit too far.

I don't know the name of the movment, but I saw the US guys at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo last year (on TV) do it.
When the formation encircled the DI and in an instant presnet their rifles, each with their bayonets level with the DI's cap.

Back