Favorite Boxer?

Muhammad Ali were supposed to be in the military by draft. But he changed his name, Muhammand Ali. He "betrayed" the country. Also, sorry, Chief, I'll have agree with King, Rocky hasn't loss to any boxers. Ali got 5 losses.......I think.

My favorite boxer were Rocky M.

Muhammad Ali were supposed to be in the military by draft. But he changed his name, Muhammand Ali. He "betrayed" the country. Also, sorry, Chief, I'll have agree with King, Rocky hasn't loss to any boxers. Ali got 5 losses.......I think.

My favorite boxer were Rocky M.

IF you are going to quote Muhammad Ali's life where the military is concerned, GET IT RIGHT.

'Cassius Clay' had converted to the Muslim religion prior to his draft notice arriving at his home. He said that he would NOT bear arms because of his religious convictions, and was sent to prison for sticking to his religious convictions. I have ALWAYS had the greatest of respect for Ali because he didn't run, and was willing to pay the price for his convictions. If anything, the years have ONLY increased my respect for him ... he stuck to his guns, took his punishment like a man and ALWAYS clung to his religion (even when the Muslim community tried to turn their backs on him - he wasn't the big draw at that time any more).

And Fox, Ali NEVER NEVER NEVER betrayed his country - the draft dodgers that went into Canada betrayed America ... all Ali did was to declare that he was a Conscientious Objector, and refused to bear arms in violation of his religious beliefs ... then paid the price of his convictions. BIG DIFFERENCE.

I realise that you have made your decision as to who you believe was the greatest fighter ... but, have you considered that Ali wasn't the fighter he was at his peak, in his later years ... the period where Ali began to lose some of his fights. Parkinson's disease had already affected his abilities, and Ali was no longer the "dance like a butterfly , sting like a bee" fighter that he once was. Parkinson's Disease had robbed him of so very much ... no longer as fast on his feet, reflexes affected by the disease and his vision would also have been affected ... he was a target for boxers that would NOT have stood a chance if they had faced him at his peak.

Rocky was smart to quit at his peak ... he never fought when he had lost some of his edge, and was no longer at his peak.

I STILL BELIEVE THAT A FIGHT BETWEEN THESE TWO GIANTS, WOULD HAVE BEEN TOO CLOSE TO CALL HAD THEY MET IN THE SQUARED CIRCLE WHILE STILL AT THEIR PEAK.

This has to be a picture of the ugliest boxer.... :)

bb_index2.jpg

IF you are going to quote Muhammad Ali's life where the military is concerned, GET IT RIGHT.

'Cassius Clay' had converted to the Muslim religion prior to his draft notice arriving at his home. He said that he would NOT bear arms because of his religious convictions, and was sent to prison for sticking to his religious convictions. I have ALWAYS had the greatest of respect for Ali because he didn't run, and was willing to pay the price for his convictions. If anything, the years have ONLY increased my respect for him ... he stuck to his guns, took his punishment like a man and ALWAYS clung to his religion (even when the Muslim community tried to turn their backs on him - he wasn't the big draw at that time any more).

And Fox, Ali NEVER NEVER NEVER betrayed his country - the draft dodgers that went into Canada betrayed America ... all Ali did was to declare that he was a Conscientious Objector, and refused to bear arms in violation of his religious beliefs ... then paid the price of his convictions. BIG DIFFERENCE.

I realise that you have made your decision as to who you believe was the greatest fighter ... but, have you considered that Ali wasn't the fighter he was at his peak, in his later years ... the period where Ali began to lose some of his fights. Parkinson's disease had already affected his abilities, and Ali was no longer the "dance like a butterfly , sting like a bee" fighter that he once was. Parkinson's Disease had robbed him of so very much ... no longer as fast on his feet, reflexes affected by the disease and his vision would also have been affected ... he was a target for boxers that would NOT have stood a chance if they had faced him at his peak.

Rocky was smart to quit at his peak ... he never fought when he had lost some of his edge, and was no longer at his peak.

I STILL BELIEVE THAT A FIGHT BETWEEN THESE TWO GIANTS, WOULD HAVE BEEN TOO CLOSE TO CALL HAD THEY MET IN THE SQUARED CIRCLE WHILE STILL AT THEIR PEAK.

Ahh....understandable, Chief.

Glad to be back here and see that those rooting for Ricky Hatton and Oscar de la Hoya had their champs destroyed by Pacquiao! What can i say, De la Hoya Quitting and Hatton in two! :p

pacquiao-vs-hatton-full-video.jpg

de-la-hoya-vs-pacquiao-round-7.jpg

Last edited:
Back