February 22nd, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontree
Quote:
Originally Posted by rOk
It only takes one good missile-like with the bradley...you see where I'm trying to go with this?
What ever is fielded can be destroyed. I'm talking of capability for a given task.
The Bradly is armed with two TOW missiles each of which can hit a target 3.75 miles away.

The smaller but much faster firing main gun is better suited for infantry support.

Not to mention the optics on a Bradley vs. a BMP which is the key in vehicle survivability on the modern battlefield.

Therefore I conclude that the Bradley is a far superior IFV to the outdated BMP.

But I still think the CV90 is a better design than the Bradley.
BMP-3 is much better then M2, BMP can both fire ATGM's, shoot 100mm canon and shot 30mm canon+ it have a Arena defence system, it can swim, Also BMP-3's ATGM range is 4km and M2's is 3.75km. M2 is a GIANT target and M2's speed is 66km/h and BMP's is 70km/h also BMP's ROF is 250 rounds/minute and M2's is 200

a pic of BMP-3 with Arena

http://www.gspo.ru/index.php?act=Att...=post&id=22788
February 22nd, 2005  
rOk

Snauhi, I'm sure that that ARENA mast wouldn't survive a <12,7 HE round.

Additionally, Whispering Death stated that the TOW range is 3,75 miles which is a bit more that 4km on the BMP.
4km/h difference doesn't mean squat. If it's acceleration, that's another thing.[/b]
February 22nd, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOk

you tryed it?
--
February 22nd, 2005  
rOk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rOk

you tryed it?
Have you?

P.S.: I edited my previous post and put something new for you to chew on
February 22nd, 2005  
lemontree

rok,
The TOW 2A ATGM of the Bradley has a range of 3750 mtrs, and the Kornet E on the BMP-3 has a range of 5000 mtrs.
http://www.army-technology.com/proje...net/index.html
The Bradley M2/3 compares to the BMP-2, but not with the BMP-3 w.r.t firepower and water fording capability.
The CV90 IFV system also seems to be a top performer.
February 22nd, 2005  
lemontree

Quote:
The Bradly is armed with two TOW missiles each of which can hit a target 3.75 miles away.
The range of the TOW is 3.75km not miles. The effective range of weapons is always given in metric system.
The Kornet E(AT-14) of the BMP-3 has a range of 5km and the AT-10 ATGM is 4km.
Quote:
The smaller but much faster firing main gun is better suited for infantry support.
The BMP-3s 30mm 2A72 auto gun's ROF is 300+ rounds per minute, which is comparable to the M2A2 Bushmaster's ROF of 200-500 rounds(adjustable) per minute.
Quote:
Therefore I conclude that the Bradley is a far superior IFV to the outdated BMP.
The BMP-1 is outdated not the BMP-3, just as the M113 is outdated not the M2/3.
Quote:
But I still think the CV90 is a better design than the Bradley.
I agree.
February 22nd, 2005  
lemontree

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOk
If an HE round falls on the ARENA mast the IFV will be a smoking shell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rOk
Additionally, Whispering Death stated that the TOW range is 3,75 miles which is a bit more that 4km on the BMP.
Its metres not miles, a simple error.
Beisdes all TOW missiles are wire guided, where as the AT-10 is a laserguided ATGM. You will agree that this does have its advantages over the wire guided system.
In 2000 a TOW fire and forget ATGM was being developed, however it was scrapped in 2002. I wonder why?
February 22nd, 2005  
rOk

OK I have to conceed defeat -my fault for not checking the TOW range myself
February 22nd, 2005  
lemontree

Quote:
Originally Posted by rOk
OK I have to conceed defeat -my fault for not checking the TOW range myself
There is no defeat. The M2/3 is still a good IFV platform, only the weapons need upgrading.
February 22nd, 2005  
SHERMAN

lemontree, stop making double and tripple posts back to back. If you are the last person to make a post, and you want to add somthing, use the Edit button. Also read the whole theard before you post, so you can post a full reply easily.