May 19th, 2005  
Uncle_Sam

Favorite American President and why.
George Washington and F.D.R.
May 26th, 2005  
craig

Topic: Bill clinton and Harry truman

Harry truman due to his sudden stop of WW2
Bill Clinton getting cuaght with his pants down so to speak and to get the worlds attention off him and monica he decides to blow up Iraq .Pure gold
May 26th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Teddy Roosevelt.

Our current gov't is screaming for a guy as bold as Teddy Roosevelt to clean house and cut through all the BS that's piled up.
--
Favorite American President and why.
May 28th, 2005  
Darcia

I hate to pick one....so I won't

Jefferson- He was a very interesting person. he did more in his lifetime than some people could do in 5 lifetimes. He built his own house, collected around 7,000 books,wrote the decleration of Independats, is one of the two people who helped create our political party system. Also created his own version of the Bible, Passed the First Religious law in America's History in Virginia,wanted to go back and fight the British when they took his house,He also founded a University.

FDR-Ummmm. I think he goes without explanation

Clinton- Crazy Enough to Run and Insane enough to manage to keep the office for 8 years.
May 29th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Ronald Reagan.
May 30th, 2005  
doomshot

I have to go with President Dwight D. Eisenhower. I chose him because Ike jump started the U.S. 's internal transportation and made a push for the suburbs. Also he lead the Armed Forces throughout Overlord. Also he tried his best to see that the best happened to the country not just for his party.
June 3rd, 2005  
Desert_Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Teddy Roosevelt.

Our current gov't is screaming for a guy as bold as Teddy Roosevelt to clean house and cut through all the BS that's piled up.
Yes, we need a person like Teddy right now.
June 9th, 2005  
wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Good ol George ... no silly people, not Bush. George Washington. If you learn as much as possible about the man, you can't help but be amazed at the quality of that man and how much he did for this country.

Mount Rushmoore does a pretty solid job of nailing four of the best ever. FDR and maybe Ronald Reagan are the only others that likely merit a place next to Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson and Teddy Roosevelt ... if that were possible. It isn't possible of course.
Washington is the onlt President that didn't mess with the poloicies of the president before him

But My all time favorite would have to be either Regan or Bush ( George W )
Regan because he KNEW that a strong Navy was imperative to our country.
And Bush because weather Iraq is justified or not he's doing what he said he'd do and not wishy washing around about it.
August 13th, 2005  
mmarsh

FDR but Teddy was pretty good too.
November 15th, 2005  
Grimmy

George Washington.

Anyone else could well have succumed to the preasure to install himself as King as so many wished him to do.

That man was about as pure principle as a human can get and still be functional.