Favorite Actor/Character in a Movie

D_Plus_One

Which character and actor have been matched the best in a war movie? I mean the ones who just really click with their characters and make you feel that if the character were based on you, you would be happy with the portrayal.

Mine are:

Vincent Dinofrio in Full Metal Jacket - He makes this character so believable, and almost sympathetic, it is frightening.

Brian Cox (Goering) in Nuremberg - Again this is a great movie I think, and Cox does almost too good of a job, as he really makes Goering out to be a likable guy, who didn't understand all the horrible things happening.

Matt Damon in Saving Private Ryan - Maybe not a real popular choice, but I think he played the part perfectly. Any young man aged 19-22 who just found out his brothers were killed would be upset, but would not want to leave his friends and buddies to go home. His peers would be his support system, and I think Damon captured it perfectly, with the help of the writers.

Ronald Lee Ermey as Gunny Heartman in Full Metal Jacket!!
He is THE man! 8)
I want to be just like him when I grow up..
(IF I grow up... :wink: )

Save Private Ryan!

VIN DIESEL!!!!

((Not that he was a much of a actor, But he is hot and that counts..))

Uhmm, Who else?.. Can't think of anyone else..

A little odd, but the colonial marines from "Aliens". They should play that movie non-stop at all recruiters offices.

Hands down...has to be that nutty british officer who built the bridge over the river kwai played by Alec Guiness :D

I have to agree with Ed Harris. I would watch anything he was in.
My sister e-mailed me the other day and asked..if they made a movie of my life, who would I want to play me?
I couldn't come up with one. It would have to be a combination of someone who looked like Vivien Leigh and acted like Goldie Hawn.

Favorite Actor?

In a war movie or just in general? If we're just talking war movies here, it would have to be R.Lee Ermey in FMJ, but if we're expanding to all genres, I can't stop watching Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith aka JAY AND SILENT BOB!

Bill paxton - private Hudson in aliens
Michael Biehn - Cpl. Dwayne Hicks in aliens
Russel Crowe - Maximus in Gladiator and
Russel Crowe - Captain Jack Aubrey in Master and Commander: the far side of the world

Back