Favorit Sport

SHERMAN

Whats your favorit sport. And no, man hunting is not a valid ansawer(plus i want it for me self!!!!)

Favorite sport? Gots to be....Wind Surfing! barring no water, land yatching!

( Land yatching is that three wheeled sail driven skeleton that goes 60 miles an hour across desert flats...at least in US South West!)

Land yatching is that three wheeled sail driven skeleton that goes 60 miles an hour across desert flats...at least in US South West!

Crazy Americans.... :lol: , Sounds fun....

Hmm, let's see .. Rugby (not that sissy American football with pads!), REAL football, hockey, baseball, Mountain climbing (not really a spectator sport, but I enjoy doing it) - hitting K2 in three years, permit still pending from the Pakis, well, if India doesn't blow them up anyway. Hmm, what else - sailing (racing - Santana 35; ten-man crew).

If it's fun, includes a risk of serious bodly injury and has strategy, I'll do it, watch it, and armchair "quarterback" it!

Summer: Football(both play and watch). The real kind of course, not the odd US version :p

Winter: Skiing, both downhill and cross country.

REAL real Football (the kind with hits that would kill an unprotected rugby player ;) :lol: ), RODEO (mainly roughstock, but you got to love the girls and their barrels :lol: ), and wrestling for spectator sports.

Mountain biking, downhill skiing, snowboarding, hunting, horseback riding, rappelling, hiking, whatever else you got :lol: , the results of a childhood spent in the middle of nowhere with no TV.

:lol: No Sir, but my old roommate played for Chile, blew out both his knees and ended up in college, and my current roommate is a football player (trying to become a professional kicker :lol: ), and all three of us used to have hitting matches (that I lost a lot of, to be honest :lol: ) but rugby never beat football. There it is, scientific proof! :lol:

but rugby never beat football. There it is, scientific proof

Oh, my dear boy .. we need to get you to Ireland to show you how it's done!

Most people assume the hits aren't as hard because rugby players don't get carted away on a golf cart because of a separated shoulder or sprained ankle, they continue to play. (even had a lad on my team that played with a broken ankle once) American footballers will sometimes aim to injure, rugby players aim to kill. Even the fights after the matches are brutal. :lol:

You know an Irish sport I've always wondered about, Sir, is Hurling. What the devil is it?
And if you want to feel pain, try running a cross country race with a pulled groin muscle :lol: .
Definitely the biggest babies are basketballers, the hugest guy in the game sat out how many games with a sprained THUMB? :lol:

Irish Hurling, rather than attempt to explain it and confuse you, check this out. Great game!

http://www.tompgalvin.com/features/hurling.htm

redneck said:
And if you want to feel pain, try running a cross country race with a pulled groin muscle

Does running across a hot third world shite hole with a 180lbs ruck and a pulled groin muscle count? If so, I HAVE felt your pain. *cringe* And I'm sure God will most certainly have mercy on our souls for enduring it. :lol:

Definitely the biggest babies are basketballers, the hugest guy in the game sat out how many games with a sprained THUMB?

I have to admit, I cannot stand Basketball. IMO, it is not a sport - it ranks right up there with volleyball and bowling.

RnderSafe said:
Does running across a hot third world shite hole with a 180lbs ruck and a pulled groin muscle count? If so, I HAVE felt your pain. *cringe* And I'm sure God will most certainly have mercy on our souls for enduring it. :lol:

:shock: I guess that counts, Sir :lol: .
Wow, that kind of puts my 3.1 mile trot into perspective :lol: .

Just finished reading about hurling, sounds like a great sport (actually kind of like rodeo is here, as far as the localization, down-hominess (nice new word, huh?), and playing for pride are concerned).
Now bullriding is a man's sport, I think I may have told you all about this before, but several of my friends back home are bullriders (a few are in the PRCA (Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association) and one just got into the PBRA (Professional Bull Riding Association) last year), and I've had to take them to the ER more times than I'd care to think about (got to hold one of my buddy's ears in place while a doctor sewed it back on after a bull stepped on his head and ripped it off :lol: ).

redneck said:
Now bullriding is a man's sport, I think I may have told you all about this before, but several of my friends back home are bullriders (a few are in the PRCA (Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association) and one just got into the PBRA (Professional Bull Riding Association) last year), and I've had to take them to the ER more times than I'd care to think about (got to hold one of my buddy's ears in place while a doctor sewed it back on after a bull stepped on his head and ripped it off ).

I can't disagree with you there. When I was at Bragg, one of my teammates ran a local bullriding assoc. Mostly people in the surrounding counties, good turn outs .. used to do a bit of "trotting." This was before that whole bright idea of wearing a protective vest was born. I got quite a few broken ribs, toes, and several bumps and bruises. And that was my first time! It's fun though.

My sons ride sheep. :lol:
[/quote]

-Skydiving ( did it twice lol)
-Paintball (competition)
-Hockey ( "I AM CANADIAN") ----) LOL
-Judo (hell yea!)

Back