FAV WW2 fighter aircraft? - Page 3

View Poll Results :whats your favorite WW2 aircraft (including all varianst and models)?
Spitfire 7 25.93%
P-51 mustang 10 37.04%
P-40 Kittyhawk 1 3.70%
P-47 thunderbolt 3 11.11%
BF- 109 2 7.41%
FW- 190 1 3.70%
corsair 1 3.70%
Zero 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

March 31st, 2004  
Redneck

No.
March 31st, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Quote:
A new lightweight aluminum alloy developed in Japan was used and Horikoski chose to omit armor plate and self-sealing fuel tanks from the design. These protective devices weighed hundred of kilograms and could not be incorporated if Mitsubishi hoped to meet the performance requirements specified by the navy. Yet the lack of these components eventually became the Zero's undoing.
http://www.nasm.si.edu/research/aero...i_a6m5zero.htm

Ah.
May 18th, 2004  
AFSteliga

The Supermarine Spitfire Mk.9 is my favorite WWII A/C of all time. You can't beat the look of a 5-bladed propellor on an already kick-a** airplane.
--
Boots
May 18th, 2004  
Achilles

what happened to th P-38? i couldnt help but notice it wasnt one of the options If anyone remembers, the P-38 lightning was a world class plane with uncommenly exelent qualities.
May 18th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
For me it's a toss-up between the P51D and the P38 Lightning.
I definitely agree with you there, about face, the Lightning was an excellent and very durable fighter.
May 18th, 2004  
Nero

I agree, the lightning is pretty durn cool lookin. Although, I think the German messerschmitt wins for the coolest name though. :P
May 30th, 2004  
silent driller

I was torn between the P-51 and P-47. I eventually went with the better stats and history.
May 30th, 2004  
Marksman

I love p-51,i am just not happy cuz there are not more of these planes in one piece
June 4th, 2004  
bush musketeer

Topic: hurricane

the hawker hurricane is my fav fighter of ww2, and it could be fixed easier then the others because of the materials it was made of which meant you could get it back in the air quicker if it was shot up
June 9th, 2004  
soldierzhonor

Grumman F6F Hellcat would be my choice.