Fast Roping

Tips

Avoid getting pressure on your stomach if you do it the australian way (Face down) and especially if you had a meal or drink recently. A pair of good gloves and helmet is recommended. Also a pair of good pants.

One of our girls in the company did the fast rope face down puking on the guys below, we did catch it on film so perhaps I post an edited version of it on my web site...

:)

Well...

You need mountain climbing equipment as well :)

It is actually quite easy but you tire your legs pretty soon if you fail the technique (if you do it from great height.). Watch your rope, or else you end up dangling...

Contact a mountain climbing club - I am sure they are more than happy to let you have a try!

And make sure you know where the butt of your weapon is. Otherwise you might lose some teeth. :oops:

I'm talkin fast roping outta of the hel hole of a 46 at CTA. M249 stock came around when I hit the deck and took out two front teeth. OUCH!

I think some of the people are confusin the two things. Rappellin is fun and goin Ausie is great but, nothin can compare to fast out a helo with nothin but gloves boots and weapon. Saw a couple of guys get hit and some hit hard. Major rush though.

Re: Tips

sunblock said:
Avoid getting pressure on your stomach if you do it the australian way (Face down) and especially if you had a meal or drink recently. A pair of good gloves and helmet is recommended. Also a pair of good pants.
:)

I believe you are talking about rapelling, fast roping is done with a rope and gloves only, you need to be REAL strong to fast rope face down.. ;)

But australian rapelling is great fun... :D

03USMC said:
I'm talkin fast roping outta of the hel hole of a 46 at CTA. M249 stock came around when I hit the deck and took out two front teeth. OUCH!

Ah, me, holding the pig, landing on the uncoordinated fool under me. Nice landing for me, bad for him....

Back