Fast Roping - Page 4

--

October 1st, 2004  
Sooners1

October 1st, 2004  
so called chris ryan

ill try it from nice and low first then and c wot happens.where can you get proper rope from and whats different about it?
October 2nd, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

THe rope is about 2 to3 inches in diameter.....I would not try it alone.....and without a good amount of sand underneath you.....
--
October 2nd, 2004  
Mark Conley

the ropes we used were called kermantel ropes a bunch of little ropes in a braided outer cover..lol

yes i made the trip out of the helicopter at 100 feet... once. they have video tape of me flapping my hands because i made the mistake of really really gripping the rope on the way down..lol
October 2nd, 2004  
drunkentyger

hm... In the Marines Basic, what kind of roping do we have to do? that helicopter roping or that "bouncing off the wall in front of you" kind of roping? DO we also have to do that AUssie style "Upside Down" roping technique? I dont think i have the mentality or the muscle to do that
October 2nd, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkentyger
hm... In the Marines Basic, what kind of roping do we have to do? that helicopter roping or that "bouncing off the wall in front of you" kind of roping? DO we also have to do that AUssie style "Upside Down" roping technique? I dont think i have the mentality or the muscle to do that
Basic Rappelling from a tower, sheer face style, Helio rappelling, also known as the "H Hole, and finally, a fast rope from the tower.
October 4th, 2004  
03USMC

A fast rope if you live thru the first two.
October 8th, 2004  
drunkentyger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
A fast rope if you live thru the first two.
your freaking me out man....