The Fast and The Furious:Tokyo Drift

--

June 17th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Topic: The Fast and The Furious:Tokyo Drift

OK, so this is pretty much the GREATEST CAR MOVIE EVER! I love his Evo, and Takashi's Z. And Han's RX-7. They're all beautiful. And his Mustang at the end. Awesome movie. I recommend to anyone who likes cars, Japanese girls, "mob" type crime, or good movies. The ending, after the mustang race, is kick-ass. I won't reveal what happens, but it will make you happy. BTW, where I went to see it, there was a gigantic car show in honor of the series. BOO-YAA!
June 18th, 2006  
moving0target

The series has always sort of irritated me by hyping and glorifying the "ricer" crowd. Seems like every time one of the movies is released, I see more bad paint jobs, more ridiculous spoilers, and louder exhausts.

The last two movies have been rather silly in terms of plot, and not terribly accurate. Is this movie really worth my $8?
June 18th, 2006  
tomtom22

No it is not worth it in terms of time or money.
--
June 18th, 2006  
deerslayer

darn right. I figured they'd name this one 3Fast3Furious.
June 18th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

It is an improvement as far as the first two in the series. The drifting scenes are very realistic. There is a tad more of a "mechanics" aspect to it, you see him working on cars instead of just having them and racing them. Sure, you have to have a bit of "ricer" to it, after all it is TOKYO:home of the ricers...The one bad paint job on there is supposed to be there. Its funny, you'll know what Im talkin about if you see it.The plot has a bit more depth to it this time...IMHO.TomTom, did you and I see the same movie? Did you see the movie at all? Have you watched the entire series?
June 22nd, 2006  
Mr KillKill

Not bad, I've suffered through a hell of a lot worse.
Nice touch at the end with Vin Diesel.
June 22nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

It was, wasnt it? Do you know the bad paint and body job Im talking about Mr. KillKill?
June 22nd, 2006  
Mr KillKill

I'll take a stab and say, somthing to do with tattoos???
June 22nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

It's BowWow's car.
June 22nd, 2006  
Rabs

I liked the first one(Vin Deisel made the movie, I dont care what anyone says i like his acting) , wasnt too big one the second one, no plans to see the third.

I like a good race, but the drifting thing is good for show but its a terrible form of raceing.