Fashion Week's ANZAC Insult

No one will get in trouble, but then thats the point.
They have a fashion show around ANZAC day slip in a few Australian medals, if no one notices then fine but if they do, theres the old bad-publicity-is-better-than-no-publicity bit followed by the obligatory apology and everything is fine. Considering all the other countries that have medals, to use Australian ones around ANZAC day is a rather tacky and tasteless publicity stunt.

Originally Posted by MontyB
It may have made the news in Australia but it hasn't made it here.
Well the, aren't you glad you have me to enlighten you.:lol:

No one will get in trouble, but then thats the point.
They have a fashion show around ANZAC day slip in a few Australian medals, if no one notices then fine but if they do, theres the old bad-publicity-is-better-than-no-publicity bit followed by the obligatory apology and everything is fine. Considering all the other countries that have medals, to use Australian ones around ANZAC day is a rather tacky and tasteless publicity stunt.

Well the, aren't you glad you have me to enlighten you.:lol:

Umm but they are not Australian medals or in fact legitimate medals at all, it was no different to gluing a ribbon on a 20 cent coin. In the end I think that the RSL got a little bit sensitive and given that that the New Zealand RSA's only response was basically a resounding "Who!!" it appears they don't really care either.

The most amusing response came from the local RSA president (my brother in laws father) who wanted to know why the RSL was watching a fashion show on ANZAC weekend or ever.

So in essence if it doesn't bother the local RSA then I really can't see a reason to care either.

Last edited:
Insult be damned, It is only an insult in the minds of those narrow minded individuals who love to whinge.

There was no intent, therefore no insult. But one can never answer for all of those out there with nothing better to do. Did anyone actually think that these skinny bonebags were actually trying to pass themselves of as returned servicemen?

I think NOT. Jeez,.. uz,... get a bloody life.

After nearly 40 years, I haven't even applied for my medals. I'd rather see the money spent on those poor b@stards who's lives were ruined by having to go and fight.

Last edited:
After nearly 40 years, I haven't even applied for my medals. I'd rather see the money spent on those poor b@stards who's lives were ruined by having to go and fight.

Off topic I realise but I find that rather odd for someone into genealogy, I know that it was a lot easier tracing some family members because we had their service medals and documents.

My hard documentation is locked within my fireproof safe, and several digital copies of it are stored in other places including my online "vault" and also a building well away from my house. You will also notice removable HDD containing copies of almost every document and record that I have.

The drive is also duplicated, me paranoid??? Naahh, I had'm out with me tonsils as a kid.

P0001994.jpg

Last edited:
No, the box contains several heirlooms and small photos carefully packed in acid proof paper and cotton wool.

I just have one question...

That's fashion?

anzac_fashion_narrowweb__300x450,6.jpg

Every time they show a fashion show they show such horrible outfits that no one would wear in public and yet these moron designers make a ton of cash. Am I missing something here?

Nope, they draw/paint sh*t no one would hang in their homes or offices, make clothes no one (in the right mind) would buy...

Back